Author Topic: Need help with setting up Events ( Blind announcements for start of round)  (Read 1470 times)

phillb

• View Profile
Not sure how to set up events with blind announcements need help.

TIMMER

• View Profile
Event tab, New Event, Create a new event from scratch,....Description ( at the start of a round 1 )....Trigger,..A level starts,....Conditions,...  isRound && (roundNum = 1).....then add the Action,..sounds and or messages

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
You need to specify your conditions on which each sound will play for example:

Trigger:
The Clock Ticks
Conditions:
isRound and (smallBlind = 100) and (bigBlind = 200) and (secondsElapsed = 2) and (state = 2) and (roundNum > 1)

or

Trigger:
The Clock Ticks
Conditions:
(not isRound) and (secondsElapsed = 1) and (state = 2)

so isRound is the one you are probably needing to enter, notice the first one is true the second false as the second conditions are for a break.

smallBlind, bigBlind and secondsElapsed are straight forward, (don't use secondsElapsedif the trigger is (A Level Starts)

state = 2 (during tournament), = 0 before, = 1 countdown, = 3 end of tournament

With the correct conditions your events will only fire when you want them to

Regards
Stuart
Stuart Murray

phillb

• View Profile
Event tab, New Event, Create a new event from scratch,....Description ( at the start of a round 1 )....Trigger,..A level starts,....Conditions,...  isRound && (roundNum = 1).....then add the Action,..sounds and or messages

Found this very useful thank you. But how about the breaks ? i have announcements to put put on them

TIMMER

• View Profile
The same ... Descrition,...at the start of break 1 ...Trigger,.. A level starts .... Conditions,... (!isRound) && (breakNum = 1)  or you can set it for a certain time like,.. Desription,..when the clock reaches 5 second(s)  during a break ....Trigger,..The clock ticks ....Conditions,..(state = 2) && (!isRound) && (secondsLeft = 5)  or at the end of break ... Description, ... at the end of break 1 ...Trigger, .. A level ends ... Conditions, .. (!isRound) && (breakNum = 1)

Mahound

• THE ONLY time i get screwed is when i play poker!
    • View Profile
I found that this helped me a lot to understand how events worked.
Stumarr posted some correlated  sounds on the thread. Download them and you can then open them up and see how they work.

Here is the link for the thread
http://www.thetournamentdirector.net/forums/index.php?topic=2293.0

Loads of great sounds  on here as well
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 05:39:00 PM by Mahound »