Author Topic: High hand chart  (Read 2495 times)

jay@paydaypoker

• View Profile
High hand chart
« on: January 17, 2008, 08:23:06 PM »
We run a high hand pool in our event, right now we just keep it on a white board on the side.  A way to incorporate that in the system would be great.

Phaze

• View Profile
Re: High hand chart
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 09:35:46 PM »
I'm sorry, I have never heard of a high hand chart... what is it?

jay@paydaypoker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 08:24:55 PM »
everyone pays in $5 extra on top of the buy in for the tourny and as long as there is a show down the highest hand for the night takes the extra side pot.

tandemrx

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 09:27:30 PM »
Workaround:

Set up a prize for a manual prize for a fixed amount (you will know how much it is when tourney starts so you can fill that in.
Set the display to be "High Hand: " and then you can edit this prize with the actual high hand and award it to whoever currently is the highest.

So, lets say you have AAAKK as high hand and Joe is the guy who got this hand.
you edit the display name to be "High Hand: AAAKK" and you award it to Joe.

then on your prizes cell, it will display the current high hand and who it is awarded to.

Any other mechanism for doing this will still require about the same amount of input (you will have to choose a player and you will have to type out the high hand (well I guess you could have a drop down list, but, it would be a big drop down list, just as easy maybe to type it in).  So it isn't a bad workaround.

You may be able to do this with TD figuring out the amount by having it use a leftover amount for that prize, but right now I can't figure out how you would do that. 

Just a thought

jay@paydaypoker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2008, 03:46:00 PM »
hey great idea thanks.