Author Topic: Automatic Setup and sending of TDT files  (Read 2243 times)

dniezby

• View Profile
Automatic Setup and sending of TDT files
« on: December 14, 2010, 11:17:54 AM »
Cory,

I have games that run in several locations.  Each location needs to purchase a copy of TD2 and we train them on running the games and managing the software. The one thing we do ourselves is manage the player database.  The difficult thing about your software, and I was wondering if you had a "best idea" in mind for doing this, is managing database updates from my satellite sites.

Right now, its wonderful when TDs send the TDT files, then the simple "Add to Database" option opens and we can add those new players to the database. Unfortunately, some people are not --- umm -- savvy.

Is there any OTHER way you can think of to do this other than sending the TDT files?

The issues (not problems) - Managing member updates and new members from other locations and syncing the data.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Automatic Setup and sending of TDT files
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 01:14:27 PM »
Honestly, the only way I can think of is for me to write code specifically for synchronizing databases.  Because there is relatively little demand for this, and because that kind of thing needs to be done right the first time, it isn't very high on my to-do list.  (Sorry.)

You mentioned that it's wonderful when the TDs send the TDT files.  What happens when they don't?  And by extension, what could the software do to make this better if they can't even be bothered (or figure out how) to send the TDT file?

dniezby

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 03:27:10 PM »
I thought so.

Um, when they don't have a new person to be added to the database, they just export the tournament results and send us the html file.

I'm thinking that they should ALWAYS send me the TDT files.

I can't believe the amount of data I need to track to properly run  and market our events.

Thanks for everything you're doing with the software. Keep up the good work.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 10:42:01 AM »
Well, since you can always recreate the HTML exports from the TDT files (but not the other way around), I'd say you definitely want to have the TDT files.

dniezby

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2010, 10:47:59 AM »
Actually I designed a webform for my TDs to submit the tdt files.  So now it should work wonders.