Author Topic: Rotate Player Image  (Read 812 times)

Guzzler

• View Profile
Rotate Player Image
« on: June 15, 2018, 10:24:04 AM »
Is there a way to rotate the player images?  TD is rotating EVERY player image that I upload 90 degrees counter-clockwise.  How can I fix this?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Rotate Player Image
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 01:30:32 PM »
The TD isn't rotating images, it displays them "as-is".  I suspect your pictures are actually rotated.  They may not appear that way when you view them outside of the TD, because many image viewers now look for EXIF information (info embedded in the image file) that tells what the picture orientation is.  The viewer will then automatically rotate the picture so it appears in the intended way.

The TD can't rotate them for you today, but it might in the future.  For now I think you'll probably have to manually rotate the image using an image editor.  There are plenty of free ones online can do this for you.  I've used pixlr before.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Rotate Player Image
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 02:15:00 PM »
I looked into this a little bit and it seems there's an easy way to fix this (with a simple CSS style), but it is currently only supported in Firefox, so even the next version of the TD, which will use Chromium, won't be able to take advantage of it.  But the proper orientation can be detected via scanning the EXIF, and there are some solutions out there, so I'll look into adding it.