Author Topic: No decimals on overall rating export and scores for tournament  (Read 4598 times)

Dahaniel

• View Profile
Hi, I found out how to round the overall rating scores, but if I export them as html the decimals are still displayed which looks pretty disturbing. Is there a way to not show these (like for the points).

The second option which I'm lookig for is to export a score field for the single tournament so that I could see how many "points" each player made. I'm only able to export the points, which I'm not using. This should work with the filter settings in the stats tab right? But when I enter from/to dates in the filter settings, the points displayed make no sense. For example a player who did not participate in this tournament also gets scores.

Then I got a more general question. I know that I could realize all of my above issues when using the points system. But the points formular is saved within every tournament. So if I would change something in the formula after 10 tournaments, I would have to change it ten times.
The point system is not thought for the ranking within the league, it is thought as additional system to accumulate points and for exmple change them to prizes ect. right?

Bojan1983

• View Profile
Re: No decimals on overall rating export and scores for tournament
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 05:24:12 PM »
having same "problems" and thoughts like you, especially the middle part... allready asked corey in some other topic about it, hoping he will give us the solution
Proud owner of TD licence :)

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 05:49:05 PM »
Hi, I found out how to round the overall rating scores, but if I export them as html the decimals are still displayed which looks pretty disturbing. Is there a way to not show these (like for the points).

How did you round the "overall rating" scores?  What you see in the Stats table on the screen is what you should see in an export of the stats.

The second option which I'm lookig for is to export a score field for the single tournament so that I could see how many "points" each player made. I'm only able to export the points, which I'm not using. This should work with the filter settings in the stats tab right? But when I enter from/to dates in the filter settings, the points displayed make no sense. For example a player who did not participate in this tournament also gets scores.

On the Stats tab, press the View button, select Single-field mode, and select the field you want to see.  This will display the value of that field for each player, for each tournament.

Then I got a more general question. I know that I could realize all of my above issues when using the points system. But the points formular is saved within every tournament. So if I would change something in the formula after 10 tournaments, I would have to change it ten times.
The point system is not thought for the ranking within the league, it is thought as additional system to accumulate points and for exmple change them to prizes ect. right?

Right.

Dahaniel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2007, 02:30:10 AM »

How did you round the "overall rating" scores?  What you see in the Stats table on the screen is what you should see in an export of the stats.
[/quote]

The rounding worked, but instead of not showing decimals it shows xx,000. I would like to cut off the ",000"

On the Stats tab, press the View button, select Single-field mode, and select the field you want to see.  This will display the value of that field for each player, for each tournament.

What I want to export is the scoring a player received for an single tournament as a collumn in the "tournament export html table"

Thx for the quick reply!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2007, 11:43:04 AM »
"Score" is calculated as part of the Stats calculations, and isn't actually part of a tournament (like "Points" are).  Therefore, when exporting a Tournament (from the Game tab), there isn't a way to get the "Score" column.  Sorry.

As for omitting the extra decimal zeros, I'll have to put that on the to-do list.

Dahaniel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2007, 12:31:23 PM »
Okay, thanks!

TheCOG

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2007, 12:31:33 PM »
As for omitting the extra decimal zeros, I'll have to put that on the to-do list.

Corey - did you ever do this?  I've been exporting our stats to HTML, and those three unnecessary decimal points in the overall score columns take up a lot of valuable real estate!

Cheers, Carl.

TheCOG

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2007, 12:34:32 PM »
Pls ignore last message - I just found the setting in the preferences tab.

However, one suggestion for reports - how about having a custom list of reports you can select for exporting to XML?

Cheers, Carl.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2007, 02:56:14 PM »
Like what?

TheCOG

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2007, 10:55:13 PM »
I can think of two different reports I generate somewhat frequently:

1.  Comprehensive Report - it includes all key statistics, including buyins, net wins/losses, etc, plus points, positions, etc.

2.  A points-only report, which I generate to show people where they stand, which contains tourneys placed in, hits, and points.  This is useful to show a person where they are w/o reminding them how much they've actually lost (e.g. there are a few losing players we have who think of themselves as winners because they've come 2nd or 3rd once - we want to encourage that belief, and not show them a comprehensive report where they can see they've actually contributed $200 or more throughout the season.

I would be nice to be able to customize a report to export to HTML, then select it from a drop-down list, rather than manually selecting the columns to export each time.  Make sense?

Cheers, Carl.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2007, 10:16:33 AM »
Yep, sure does.  I'll put it on the list.