Author Topic: Percentage of Total Points  (Read 1290 times)

Guzzler

• View Profile
Percentage of Total Points
« on: November 29, 2009, 01:15:57 PM »
OK - here goes!!

I run a league where we play three month "seasons".  The final game (we call a SET), the starting chips depend upon the number of points gained throughout the series.  This chip count is calculated using

Players Points / Total Points By Everyone * 1500000

I have yet to find a way to get "Total Points By Everyone" into any formula.  On the bottom of my stats page, it shows "The total number of points earned by all players."  How do I incorporate that into a formula?

THANX
JARROD

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Percentage of Total Points
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 11:03:45 AM »
This isn't an available value because of the way the stats are computed.  But it should be easy enough to set yourself.  Run the stats and look at the Points column.  The sum of points earned will be displayed at the bottom of the list of players.  Then modify your Overall Score formula and run stats again.

So, if you run Stats and the sum of points was 2500 (for example), then your Tournament Score formula should be:

and your Overall Score formula should be:

sum(scores) / 2500 * 1500000

Guzzler

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 10:13:25 PM »
I understand what you are saying.  So you are telling me that I will have to change my formula to incorporate the "sum of the total points" after every weekly game?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2009, 10:22:20 AM »
Since there's no way to do it automatically, yes.