Author Topic: How to test changes without affecting season stats?  (Read 2572 times)

wbtczn

• View Profile
How to test changes without affecting season stats?
« on: June 06, 2008, 05:54:18 PM »
Say I am making changes to my screen layouts and I want to run some tournaments as a test -- see what happens when a player busts out, when the rounds change, what sounds play when, etc.  Is there a way to do it without affecting season stats?

badbeat

• View Profile
Re: How to test changes without affecting season stats?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 06:18:50 PM »
Yes, set it up how you want to test it and save it. Then add players and run your test etc and when you've finished DON'T save it. If you don't save it, your stats aren't saved.

wbtczn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 06:20:42 PM »
I guess that one was a little too obvious, wasn't it? ::)  Thanks!!!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2008, 09:25:32 AM »
If you want to save a tournament but not have it show up in stats, save the tournament using a different league or season.  Create a new bogus league or season if necessary, and use the Stats Filter to filter it out.  If you aren't using leagues or seasons, you can still create a bogus league or season, assign the "test" tournament to that league/season, then use the "<None>" selection in the Filter to make sure you only get tournaments with no league or season set.  That should eliminate your test tournament(s).

wbtczn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2008, 05:40:26 PM »
Thanks Corey.  I had another though last night about the multiple computer thing.  Is there a way to move the saved tournaments from my friend's computer to mine and then get those saved tourney stats included in the league?

Phaze

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2008, 07:14:10 PM »
yes, but mind that you will have to add unknown players to the database and may have to merge players, otherwise yes you will have two databases

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2008, 12:44:57 PM »
You can simply copy the saved tournament files from one computer to the other.  But if you have not also copied the database, you will want to make sure the players, leagues, and seasons are also in the destination PC's database.  You can do this easily, as Phaze alluded to, by loading a tournament on the destination PC.  If the tournament's league or season is not in the database, you will be prompted to import it.  Then, on the Players tab, you can press the "Add All to DB" button to add the players to the destination PC's database.  This makes sure you have the *same* leagues, seasons, and players in each database.

wbtczn

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2008, 05:24:38 PM »
You can simply copy the saved tournament files from one computer to the other.  But if you have not also copied the database, you will want to make sure the players, leagues, and seasons are also in the destination PC's database.  You can do this easily, as Phaze alluded to, by loading a tournament on the destination PC.  If the tournament's league or season is not in the database, you will be prompted to import it.  Then, on the Players tab, you can press the "Add All to DB" button to add the players to the destination PC's database.  This makes sure you have the *same* leagues, seasons, and players in each database.

Thanks Corey.