Author Topic: program partially locked up  (Read 1885 times)

SCHULZ

• View Profile
program partially locked up
« on: February 24, 2008, 01:46:55 PM »
I think this was me & input error.

input all the prelim info,  player info, etc. started tourn then during second blind, could not elim players or change most aspects.  timer worked, but when anything else was tried the following error message was received : name error        10-70   permission denied

left it alone and tried to save tourn at the end of the tournament, received same message, did ctrl, alt, del.  then opened tourn and I was allowed to change all and worked fine, and was saved at the point task manager ended the program.  I am glad I clicked auto save. Any ideas where I went wrong?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: program partially locked up
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 12:01:35 PM »
Did you receive an error message of some sort before you got the first "10-70 permission denied" error?

This could be any number of things, but in certain instances, if you chance upon a bug (in a dialog - that is, you've done something that opens a dialog and then receive an error while that dialog is open), in some cases the window stacking model can get corrupted and then you'll see this error any time you attempt something that opens a dialog.  It won't "fix" itself until you exit the program and start over.

I've placed some code in version 2.5 (still currently in beta testing) to try to recognize this situation and correct it.  Won't help you now, but should in the future.

SCHULZ

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 03:49:54 PM »
Corey, thanks. 

wbtczn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 05:48:01 PM »
Corey -- I'm seeing the same error every time I try to save my game.  I thought maybe it was a registration thing, so I tried to re-register, but that didn't fix it.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2010, 09:49:53 AM »
Permission denied *usually* means just that.  So if you're seeing this when trying to save a tournament, are you sure there isn't something preventing the software from saving the file?  Is the folder you're saving into write-protected?  Or are you saving over a file that is write-protected?

wbtczn

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2010, 12:58:51 PM »
I don't know what was causing the error.  The last three times we've had a game, I've had this problem.  I just tried it again, and it is saving just fine.  Of course, we don't have a game today!  :-[