Author Topic: Bounties kept by the House  (Read 1058 times)

cul8rv8

• View Profile
Bounties kept by the House
« on: July 14, 2013, 03:31:47 PM »
Hello all.  Been using the software for a couple years for our home poker club, but ran into a new issue last night. 

We started our new season, and made some changes.  A new change we offered this year is optional bounties. I am using Restricted Bounties, but the thing I'm trying to figure out how to get working is that instead of Kept Bounties, we have "Raked Bounties," if you will.  Basically, if a player is knocked out by a non-bounty player, instead of the knocked out player keeping his bounty, the House keeps his bounty.  This is what I'm trying to figure out how to do in the software.  The game summary and Player Stats showing Total winnings are incorrect.  The only player that will be able to keep his bounty is the tournament winner.

Is there a way in the software to be able to accomplish this?  I can track these stats on my own separately, but would certainly prefer to have the software do it for me. :)

Thanks in advance!

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Re: Bounties kept by the House
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 03:47:20 PM »
I may be off the wall with this, but would you be able to change their buy-in after the fact? My line of thinking is similar to how you put it - a raked bounty. You could (depending on version of TTD you're running) create a profile for it, name it raked bounties, and if able to, change their outright bounty purchase to a raked bounty purchase.

Again, I may be off the wall with this, but it is an idea.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 11:20:04 AM »
That's the only way I can think to do it.  Tedious to be sure, but sounds like it would work.  Change the player's buy-in so their bounty is $0, and increase their buy-in by the bounty amount.  Then add the bounty amount to the fixed rake.  That would keep the numbers straight.

You could even create a buy-in profile to make it a little easier.  That way you just change the player's buy-in profile and add the bounty amount to the fixed rake.  This also makes it easier to distinguish who was busted out by a non-bounty player.

cul8rv8

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 09:31:42 PM »
I've never adjusted a buy-in, so it took me some time to figure out how to do it, but I did figure it out, and I think that works the easiest.  Thanks for your help!