Author Topic: Set threshold of players to collapse a table  (Read 1345 times)

cebruns

• View Profile
Set threshold of players to collapse a table
« on: June 22, 2011, 07:56:57 PM »
Hi -

I have 3 tables with 10 places each that I fill for my monthly tournaments.  However, once play has started, I only like to collapse a table when we reach 18 players, so there are 9 spots at each table and 9 at the final table.  Is there a way to set the threshold of when to collapse?  I know I can edit the tables on the fly to be 9 spots each and I also ignore the collapse suggestion at 20 and 19 players left, but was wondering if there was a simpler way?

Thanks!
- Curt

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
Re: Set threshold of players to collapse a table
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 08:15:05 PM »
in short no, once there is 20 players and 20 seats on 2 tables it will want to collapse a table, the only way is to right click delete seat on each table once it goes to 9 handed.

Think of it like this you have 11 entries with a 10 handed table and a 1 handed table, it will seat the 11 entries with 10 on one and 1 player on the other, once a player busts it will actively seek to balance the tables whilst collapsing all possibilities that have been stipulated.

Regards
Stu
Stuart Murray

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Set threshold of players to collapse a table
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 11:39:19 PM »
stuamurr is, for all practical purposes, right on the money.  You could bump up the "Maximum player disparity before movement suggestion is made" so that a movement suggestion won't be made until your tables get really out-of-balance, but that still won't guarantee anything.  Ultimately, even though the player disparity limit may not be reached, the software will notice that the players can fit at 2 tables instead of 3 and will suggest that you move some players.