Author Topic: Rankings Screen  (Read 3711 times)

Mahound

• THE ONLY time i get screwed is when i play poker!
    • View Profile
Rankings Screen
« on: March 16, 2011, 09:03:25 AM »
On the rankings screen i have set the layout to display

the names of the players that are eliminated
the position they were knocked out
the no. of hits they made
Points scored
and cash won etc.

This works great. However when the game is over it shows exactly what i have described. Except for the details of the player who finished in the first place.

Is there a way to get the rankings screen to display the winners name and details. Because then the rankings screen could also double up as an after tournament screen.
If not could this (a suggestion) be made to act in the way that i have described
cheers

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Re: Rankings Screen
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 10:22:34 AM »
Would something like this work? It does for me at least....

<span style="height: 500px; width: 100%; overflow: auto"><rankings showTimeOut="false" showRoundOut="true" showStillIn="true" showHitman="true" showHits="true" showWinnings="false" showPoints="true" showColumnTitles="true" max="50"></span>

Since you want to show the cash, you would probably want to change the showwinnings from false to true...
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 10:28:16 AM »
There's an option on the Player Rankings properties: "Show all players" or "Show only busted out players".  You've got it set to show only busted out players.  Since 1st place typically never busts out, he/she won't be listed.  But it does make sense to show all players once the tournament is over.  I'll change that behavior.

Mahound

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 04:19:35 PM »
There's an option on the Player Rankings properties: "Show all players" or "Show only busted out players".  You've got it set to show only busted out players.  Since 1st place typically never busts out, he/she won't be listed.  But it does make sense to show all players once the tournament is over.  I'll change that behavior.

Got it in one Corey, Apologies! I sat and tried to figure how to set it up the way i wanted for ages, Posted the query and you see the obvious straight away.

Yup I had set it up to show only busted players. Sorry for wasting your time. But I learn by making mistakes. And as you must know buy now I have made some mistakes lol Hopefully I am learning,

Mahound

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 04:49:33 PM »
Would something like this work? It does for me at least....

Since you want to show the cash, you would probably want to change the showwinnings from false to true...

This works nearly the way that i want Magic.
I have put this before   (what you posted) to make it scroll up the screen

<marquee direction="up" loop="-1" width=1200 scrollamount=2.>

I tried to insert this in front of what you posted, in the hope that this would scroll. It does but what it has done is, it restricts it to a height of about 1/3 of the screen. It only shows about 5 rows.
Is there any way to get this to fill the rest of the screen.
Also with having the scroll on the headings scroll up and disappear out of view.
Is there any way to keep the headings in view.

Sorry for being such a pain in the butt. Any help and advice grealty received.
Cheers
jim

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2011, 07:51:00 PM »
Just add ( height=600 or 700, 800, what fits)  and put <br>after the word you dont want to scroll           Top Ten Player's Ranking <br><marquee direction="up" loop="-1" width=600 height=600 scrollamount=5><rankings showRoundOut="true" showHitman="true" showHits="true" showWinnings="true" showPoints="true" showColumnTitles="true" max="10">

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2011, 09:30:29 PM »
That should definitely work the way Timmer said. Mine's set up to have a scroll bar where I would have to manually scroll it, like I would here for browsing the forum.
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2011, 10:38:22 PM »
Just add ( height=600 or 700, 800, what fits)  and put <br>after the word you dont want to scroll           Top Ten Player's Ranking <br><marquee direction="up" loop="-1" width=600 height=600 scrollamount=5><rankings showRoundOut="true" showHitman="true" showHits="true" showWinnings="true" showPoints="true" showColumnTitles="true" max="10">
This is for a ( Post Tourney Screen ) not the  PLAYER RANKINGS  Screen

Mahound

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2011, 11:05:53 AM »
Thanks to those who replied with some great suggestions on how to achieve what i wanted and the work around to get it the way i wanted.

Works great now. thanks for the input, much appreciated.

One last thing. I have no experience at all of HTML.

Could anyone point me in the right direction to a web site or a book (something like "HTML for dummies") where i can begin to pick up the basics of HTML and how it works.

Thanks for putting up with (what to you lot) are probably easy questions. I do appreciate the time and the effort that you have all done to help me partially understand how these things work.
cheers Jim

Mahound

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2011, 11:14:38 AM »
After the last post. I searched the web for dummies books for HTML. Not suprisingly there are quite a few.
 Any suggestions for which one would be most suitable. I have attached the link. If you would be so kind and peruse and advise. Once again i would be grateful.
cheers
jim

http://www.dummies.com/store-search.html?query=HTML

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2011, 12:25:18 PM »
This helped me  to get a understanding   of whats,what,   just seach around alittle     http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms535851%28v=VS.85%29.aspx

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2011, 02:49:32 PM »

Mahound

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2011, 02:07:05 PM »

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2011, 02:13:19 PM »
Depends on what your trying to do.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2011, 07:13:05 PM »
Here's a couple of websites that I used that has helped me.

http://www.web-source.net/html_codes_chart.htm     <-- provides examples of how it will look.
http://html-color-codes.com/                                     <-- color code with 6 character hex coding.
---