Author Topic: Help with rules  (Read 1706 times)

macacan

• View Profile
    • Chorley Poker League
Help with rules
« on: November 24, 2006, 09:39:22 AM »
Hi guys

I need help again with the rules.

Whats the rule when a player plays out of turn ?

ie, He says "call" then someone says "not your turn", then the person who's turn it is goes all in, must the player then call
that all in ?.
Or is it played out of turn, wait and decide what to do when its your turn.

I need to make a rule for us on this. cos when this happens there is a bit of arguing.

http://www.chorleypokerleague.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

cheers for any help

brenner

• View Profile
Re: Help with rules
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2006, 11:11:48 AM »
From Robert's Rules:

10. Deliberately acting out of turn will not be tolerated. A player who checks out of turn may not bet or raise on the next turn to act. An action or verbal declaration out of turn may be ruled binding if there is no bet, call, or raise by an intervening player acting after the infraction has been committed. A player who has called out of turn may not change his wager to a raise under any circumstances.
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

macacan

• View Profile
    • Chorley Poker League
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2006, 12:32:57 PM »
Cheers Brenner

I understand most of it, but must the player call the all in or can he fold ?.
in other words if he calls a bet out of turn must he still play the bet of call, all in or raise ?.

Cheers for the help.

brenner

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2006, 02:38:58 PM »
Well, basically the call is the amount of the bet on the table.

For example, let's say 4 players are in a hand.  1st to act bets T100.  3rd to act calls out of turn which means they have only called T100.  Now, 2nd to act still has to decide what they are going to do.  If 2nd to act calls or folds, then 3rd to act can only call.  If 2nd to act rasises, 3rd to act can either call the raise or fold, however the player should lose their call (the T100) if they fold.

In the case of an all-in by the 1st to act, the call is the amount of the all-in.  In the example above, if the 2nd to act had gone all-in and it was for more than the bet already on the table, 3rd to act can fold but must still forfeit the amount of the call.

Hopefully I didn't ramble too much and that made sense.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2006, 10:39:47 AM by brenner »
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

macacan

• View Profile
    • Chorley Poker League
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 06:04:13 AM »
Cheers Brenner

now I understand, top explanation.