Author Topic: Error occured in Script, 'Bootstrap'. Cannot start TD3  (Read 2510 times)

cchur236

• View Profile
Error occured in Script, 'Bootstrap'. Cannot start TD3
« on: April 13, 2014, 08:34:18 PM »
Finished up our tourney last night.  Saved it one last time.  Shut down TD3, closed my computer lid.  Opened up my computer the next day to export results of the tourney and keep getting the following pop up error:

"Script error"

An error has occurred in the script on this page.

Line: 44

Char: 9

Error: 'Bootstrap is undefined'

Code: 0

URL: c:\program files...directorFS.hta

My computer did automatically download a adobe update today but that is the only thing different from when I ran TD3 last night.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Error occured in Script, 'Bootstrap'. Cannot start TD3
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 08:51:12 AM »
This sounds like Windows Script has been corrupted.  This used to be common, and the fix was easy: just download Windows Script and install it (which basically re-installed all its components, replacing any corrupted component).  But Microsoft no longer has a stand-alone installer for this.  To be fair, it doesn't get corrupted very often anymore.

I don't know if this will fix it, but if I ran into this these are the steps I would follow.  These steps are for Windows 7, but the process will be very similar on Vista or 8 (although I don't use 8 very often so I'm not real familiar with it yet, so could be some more significant differences there).

1) Open an "elevated" command prompt.  To do this, open the Windows Start Menu and type "command prompt".  Command Prompt (or "cmd.exe") should show up in the menu.  Right-click on it and select "Run as administrator".
2) In the command prompt window, type each of the following lines and press "Enter" after each one:

regsvr32 msscript.ocx
regsvr32 dispex.dll
regsvr32 vbscript.dll
regsvr32 jscript.dll
regsvr32 wshom.ocx
regsvr32 scrrun.dll

After pressing "Enter" each time, a dialog should appear that says "DllRegisterServer in DLLNAME succeeded.", where DLLNAME is the name of the file registered.

After entering all of the above lines, close the command prompt window and try to open the Tournament Director again.

cchur236

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 09:16:44 PM »
Thanks.  So far the two .ocx commands did not work and I kept getting errors.  The other commands worked fine.  I am going to use a registry cleaner to scan my system to see if I can repair it.  I will update you.

cchur236

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 11:33:29 PM »
It was a registry error issue.  Downloaded Regpair and fixed a bunch of reg errors and now it works.  Thank Corey.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 08:20:33 PM »
Awesome, glad it's fixed for you.  First time I've ever heard of registry cleaner actually fixing something, though!  :)

terrytaxi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2019, 11:36:46 AM »
Ive had the same problem but I uninstalled the software and reinstalled which didn't solve the problem.

I then found this thread and followed Coreys instructions that is now allowing me to open the tournament director. unfortunately it is now telling me that the license that I have is Invalid. Do I need a new licence as ive now downloaded the latest version or should my previous licence work?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2019, 01:04:41 PM »
terrytaxi, what version of the TD are you using?

terrytaxi

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2019, 06:32:42 PM »
ive just installed 3.4.3 today. not had a chance to use it, not sure what I was using prior to error. im assuming its the licence that's not working but I might well be entering a wrong username.

terrytaxi

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2019, 06:47:47 PM »
I was putting in the wrong username. found my original email from you from 2014.

thanks for the help.