Author Topic: Buy in name and database only has first name  (Read 2213 times)

spt

• View Profile
Buy in name and database only has first name
« on: December 16, 2012, 09:46:56 AM »
how do I fix this I still have version 2.14.when I go to buy in a player it just give the first name how do I add the last name and the same for the database to save the names.i have 4 mikes and don't know which one im buying in.im on windows 8.please help I need to fix this before 2013

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Re: Buy in name and database only has first name
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 10:32:12 AM »
I believe that it is in the preferences (I am on version 3). There should be a 'name's preference that can be changed to first and last, in addition to other options.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

spt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 11:47:03 AM »
I ve already done that.it seems that only the first name is coming up in my database and when I try to buy in.last name is where my problem is.corey I need help

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2012, 02:53:50 PM »
when I go to buy in a player it just give the first name how do I add the last name and the same for the database to save the names

Sounds like you've disabled the last name field and possibly other fields.  Depending on which version you have (there is no version 2.14, so I assume you probably meant version 2.4.1), it's likely on the Preferences tab in the Database section.  There will be a list of "Show ______ field" checkboxes, like "Show Nickname field" and "Show First Name field", etc.

I would also highly recommend upgrading to at least the latest version 2, which is currently version 2.5.14.

http://www.thetournamentdirector.net/downloadVersion2.html

spt

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2012, 02:07:16 PM »
yes I have 2.5.14 the show field is check for first and last name only.any other suggestions

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2012, 06:52:30 PM »
Why don't you post a screenshot or two so we can see specifically what the issue is.

spt

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2012, 04:22:13 PM »
not sure how I post a pic,but when I try to buy in players on the players tab, it only has the first name, I need the last name as well.it only says name not first and last name ,so how do I change this?

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2012, 07:14:27 PM »
Spt - when you compose a message,click underneath on "additional options". There is where you can attach the pictures for us to see. Without seeing, its ki d of hard to tell why you are having the issue. Perhaps the picture will show us something you don't see.  :)
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2012, 10:36:41 PM »
not sure how I post a pic,but when I try to buy in players on the players tab, it only has the first name, I need the last name as well.it only says name not first and last name ,so how do I change this?

That's kind of the point.  You've described the issue and we've given you steps to resolve it, but you're telling us that isn't working for you.  So perhaps there's a miscommunication somewhere.  A screenshot might help.

There are a few ways to capture a screenshot.  The easiest is to use the Snipping Tool, but that's only available with Windows 7.  Are you using Windows 7?  If so, go to the Windows Start Menu and type "snip".  That should help you find the Snipping Tool.  Use it to capture and save a screenshot.

Post the screenshot by attaching the save screenshot to a reply to this topic.  As Magic_fubu described, when you reply click on "Additional Options.." just below the post window.  You should see an "Attach:" section with a "Choose File" button.  Press that button then select the saved screenshot.