Author Topic: Help with Bounties and Tournaments  (Read 1762 times)

Thor

• View Profile
Help with Bounties and Tournaments
« on: August 27, 2006, 09:52:27 AM »
Hi!

I am relatively new to running tournaments. First off, I really like the program, I want to run another tournament before I do the purchase (which is pretty likely at this point!). So I have 2 questions:

1) I want to be able to have the winner of the last tourney have a bounty put on them. I want to give the player who knocks them out +1 point and also they receive their buy-in back (e.g. buy-in is $20, if u knock them out u get +1 pt + $20 automatically). How do I do this? ??? I had no experience with bounties but from reading it seems like bounties are additional buyin (e.g. $20 regular buyin + $5 tournament) That allows people to play for more money (e.g. just the wealthier players pay for bounties to increase the stakes) + makes the game more aggressive (moe incentive to knock people out).

2) How do I run tournaments and leagues? This is what I want to do and how do I do this:
I want to run a quarterly league where the top 10 players (placing) play a tournament of champions. This prize pool will be paid for by a small rake from those quarterly tournaments. Thoughts (both how to do it in the program and what is the best way to do something like this in real life).  ???

I ran a tournament last night and I will have 3 different leagues: 1) A Friday night league (which will last quarterly), 2) A Saturday night league (which will last quarterly), and 3 an ongoing cash game.

Thanks!
 :)
Thor

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Help with Bounties and Tournaments
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2006, 11:45:48 AM »
1) There are two types of "bounties" and they are easily confused.  What you are referring to is a bounty prize.  So create a new prize, and select the recipient to be a "Bounty on player: <player>".  Set the amount to a Fixed amount and set the points you wish to award.  Done.  The software will automatically award it to whomever knocks out the indicated player.

2) If you're not raking your tournaments already, just use the rake field to collect the money for the TOC.  You should obviously keep track of this money yourself, but you can use the Stats feature to double-check your math/banking skills.  The Stats will automatically total up the rake taken from your tournaments.

If you are already taking a rake, create a second rake (on the Preferences tab) and use it to track the money for the TOC.

Cleave

• View Profile
Re: Help with Bounties and Tournaments
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 10:09:15 AM »
That's exactly how we do it.  Last Saturday we had a $50 buy-in tourney with a $5 option to get in the bounty for the player that won the tourney last time.  When you buy-in a player, don't do the quick buy-in, do the "buy-in player" and place your $5 in the rake.  Not every player participates in the bounty so you don't have to put anything in for those that don't buy-in.  I love this feature because I used to keep seperate envelopes for the tourney and the bounty and was always making change between the two and would sometimes make a mistake.

For what it's worth...If the player on the bounty wins again, he gets the bounty money plus the winnings.... If someone puts him out that was not in the bounty pool, the money goes into the main pot.