Author Topic: Problem Merging Players  (Read 821 times)

jonnyg

• View Profile
Problem Merging Players
« on: November 16, 2011, 08:24:23 PM »
I have two players that were added multiple times (once for each time they played i.e., every month) when I was not in control of the db.  I have tried to merge the players and have followed the instructions on the FAQ but there name does not come up a choice to merge with.  Makes sense? 

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Problem Merging Players
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 10:49:50 AM »
If you've followed the instructions in this FAQ: http://www.thetournamentdirector.net/faq.html#faq22

... then you have now deleted one of the two players from your database.  When you want to merge a player, you double-click the player on the Players tab to edit, then press the Merge button.  The next dialog will list all of the players in your database EXCEPT for those who are already in your tournament.  So, if the player you are looking for is not shown, either (a) the player you're looking for is not in your database, or (b) the player you're looking for is already in the tournament.  If the answer is (b), then probably you haven't deleted one of the two database players, or you've got more than two database players that refer to the same real person.