Author Topic: load & save  (Read 1646 times)

bigbee

• View Profile
load & save
« on: January 22, 2010, 03:32:04 PM »
I have a new laptop with windows 7 and when I set up my tournament and try to save it in the "save as" the box blinks but don't ask me were to save it.  The "save icon isn't even highlighted.  When I go to shut it down it ask if I want to save the changes and I say yes.  I go back and load it the "load button blinks but won't load anything.  Can someone help with this?

Brian

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Re: load & save
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 04:24:22 PM »
I've got Win7 on my laptop, and I get a normal save dialogue box, where it allows me to save it where I want.  What specifically happens when you hit the save button?
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

bigbee

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 07:33:25 PM »
The save button isn't highlighted to click on it and the "save as" let's me click on it and it does nothing.  The "load button also does nothing except blinks.

Brian

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 10:14:19 AM »
This sounds like the problem where Microsoft disabled a version of the common dialog control.  The TD should overcome this limitation.  What version of the software are you using?  And when you start the TD, do you get the Vista/Windows 7 security warning dialog?  (You should.)

By the way, the "Save" button is disabled if you haven't yet saved your tournament.  You must press "Save As..." and give the tournament a filename.

bigbee

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010, 06:57:02 PM »
Corey I have the 2.4.3 version.  And it won't let me save the first tournament set up in "save as".

Brian

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2010, 10:36:32 AM »
Upgrade to the latest version.  The fix for the problem you are having was first released in version 2.5.5.

bigbee

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2010, 05:54:12 PM »
Thanks Corey.  I updated to the newer version and it appears to be working fine now.

Brian