Author Topic: HELP HELP HELP  (Read 6342 times)

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: HELP HELP HELP
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2010, 11:13:18 AM »
The main problem (I believe) usually with these types of issues is that the layout designer made it for one screen resolution and the user has a different screen resolution.  The layout automatically stretches to fit your screen size (when in full-screen mode).  The designer likely had to do a lot of tweaking to cell widths and heights and such to get the text to land in the appropriate location on the background image.

You might try setting your screen resolution to the same resolution as the background image and see if that helps.  To get it to work properly on a different resolution, you'll have to tweak the layout.

Version 2.6 (in alpha testing currently) has an option to turn off the stretching.  It won't help if the user of the layout has a different screen resolution, but it might make it easier to layout the components and make it more obvious what the issue is.

Here's what the layout looks like for me when I set my screen size to 1280x800 (the size of the background image):

AA88

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2010, 12:02:52 PM »
thanks for reply Corey.
but my screen is at 1280x800..but you dont get the writing (game over ) come up on the screen with yours, why do i get that come up on mine?

ive uploaded the tlo. file so you can see

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2010, 01:30:05 PM »
Sorry, brain fart.  You're right, not sure what's up with the Game Over screen.

As a quick fix, here's what I did (and this will probably depend on what your prizes are, because they affect how the other elements lay out):

Edit the Blinds cell, select the After Tournament property group.  On each tab (Odd Rounds, Even Rounds, Breaks), set the width attribute to 650 and the height to 0.  Set the HTML to:

<nobr>GAME OVER&nbsp;&nbsp;</nobr><div style="height: 135px"></div>

Additionally, you might want to limit the prize display to 6 prizes.  Edit the HTML of the V Prizes cell to be:

Prizes:<br><prizes orient="vertical" max="6">

Edit: By the way, this was using the original layout template, not the one you attached in your last post.

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2010, 03:49:47 PM »
let me know           i hope u got this  ???
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 04:22:35 PM by TIMMER »

AA88

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2010, 04:29:12 PM »
Thats it :o all done and dusted ;) i really can't thankyou enough for the help.

i can now play my poker with no worries about the template....

it looks and runs like a dream

thankyou very much

Brad