Author Topic: help with formula for best number of games  (Read 4359 times)

gomester

• View Profile
Re: help with formula for best number of games
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2010, 12:51:59 PM »
Based on your screen shots, it looks like you've got it right.

In the resulting stats, the Points column for a player will not change.  That column shows the sum of the points the player earned for each tournament that passed the filter.  The column you are looking for is Overall Score.

When you run your stats, the Tournament Score formula (which is set to "points") runs and creates a value for each player for each tournament.  Since it is set to "points", it will be the same value as the amount of points the player earned for that tournament.  Out of that a variable named "scores" is created.  This variable is a list of all of the values created by the Tournament Score formula.  Finally the Overall Score formula is run, which, as you might guess, first takes the top (hightest) 15 values from the "scores" variable and then sums them.

What is in the Overall Score column?

Corey,
Now THAT is clear!  Thank you very much for the clarification!  I was not aware of the Overall Score column.  Now that I have that column added, it works like a champ. 
Thank you again for taking the time to realy understand and explain it to me.  I was indeed looking at the "points" column and expecting that to change as opposed to adding the column of "overall score" and using that for the total points.  It works perfectly now.  Thanks again.
Once again I must say "great program and I have been using for almost 4 years now". 
Thanks,
Tim

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2010, 01:38:14 PM »
By the way, you don't see the Tournament Score created for each tournament (... for each player), just like you don't see the number of Hits for each tournament and player.  Instead you see the sum of all the Hits made by that player for all of the tournaments passing the filter.  But you can see how many hits a player made in each tournament by switching to Single Field View mode (press the View button), and selecting the Hits column.  Likewise, you can select the Score column to see the Tournament Score for each tournament and player.

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2010, 04:27:53 PM »
YA CORY, I thank you too, two birds one stone,   lol
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 04:29:25 PM by TIMMER »