Author Topic: my version of the card room layout  (Read 4452 times)

Mahound

• THE ONLY time i get screwed is when i play poker!
    • View Profile
my version of the card room layout
« on: February 20, 2012, 04:16:49 PM »
 A few months ago, Stumarr uploaded a layout. And he has since updated it, and a great job he has done too.

I am not very good with making or designing  layouts. Got to thinking of what i could do with the  layout and see  how far i could take it.

This is my take on it. I owe a lot to others on this forum. Timmer, Stumarr, Jody, Magi, Cory and many many others.
I Trawled the forums trying different things and borrowed many ideas.

We all have our own ideas of what makes a good layouts.
 I did this as an exercise, not because i can make it any better than any other layouts  but to understand how and why things work.

I think that in doing this as an exercise has helped me to get to the basics stage of finding out how layouts work (still got a long way to go).

Gonna start experimenting with photoshop so i can try to do some backgrounds of my own.
 I'll be delighted If i get to just 1% of Timmers ability as a background artist.

Also to say that thanks to Cory. This is one hell of a great program. I have tried a few other poker tournament software. But this program is far superior, more versatile and a pleasure to use.
Plus, a thanks to fellow TD forum posters. all who are willing to help each other.

Have a look at it and see what you think. If you can see anything that is wrong or anything that can be improved upon let me k
Any comments would be appreciated.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Re: my version of the card room layout
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 09:27:16 PM »
Mahound, Looks good - I haven't loaded in the pictures yet, so that could be why some of this may not be quite right... Like how the "next blinds" rocks back and forth. Going to toy with it some more - may even add some of the elements that you've put in here to mine. I'm glad that I've been able to provide some help for you. I know that all those that you've added have helped me, yourself included. Definitely best forum I've been on for support/assistance :)

I'm going to do what I can to get the pictures uploaded and see how everything looks from there.

Addition:

One thing I'd like to suggest on a personal note, neon green on white background doesn't seem to work for me. I would suggest a black background for neon green text for your second screen.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 09:34:11 PM by Magic_fubu »
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Mahound

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 05:14:11 AM »

One thing I'd like to suggest on a personal note, neon green on white background doesn't seem to work for me. I would suggest a black background for neon green text for your second screen.

It is a black screen background Magic

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 03:30:07 PM »
Must have been something that wasn't quite meshing with my comp. As long as it works for you :)
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 10:29:00 AM »
Nice to see your getting the hang of things Mahound, I see you used that marquee looks good i use it on the buy-ins on one page and bust-out on another.  Magic without the pic in the second screen it does show a white screen

Mahound

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 11:41:33 AM »
Nice to see your getting the hang of things Mahound, I see you used that marquee looks good i use it on the buy-ins on one page and bust-out on another.  Magic without the pic in the second screen it does show a white screen
Cheers Timmer.

I feel like a young boy who is trying to learn how to ride a bike. I think I am at the stage where i have just removed the stabilisers. Still wobbling and still looking to find the softest place to fall down.

I spend a lot of time on here and I ask a lot of questions but I  don't answers a lot  posts  ( I do'nt think i have the necessary experience) But i read a lot of the answers.  I try lots of the ideas and suggestions made on here. And do" what if's" with them.

But I think i am slowly getting there. I learnt more by doing this exercise than i have done in the last year, beginning to work out how things work and what can be done.

Like I said its all down to the awesome support and help from the forum,  especially from you.
Thanks

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2012, 11:15:35 PM »
Magic without the pic in the second screen it does show a white screen

I looked to at the background screen to see if I was missing the pic, but i didn't see a link to a pic... Again, something on my end :)
---

Mahound

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2012, 03:43:55 AM »
Magic without the pic in the second screen it does show a white screen

I looked to at the background screen to see if I was missing the pic, but i didn't see a link to a pic... Again, something on my end :)

The screen is a black one with the four suits in the middle of the screen