Poll

is this a goood idea or not

yes
2 (100%)
no
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Voting closed: May 19, 2017, 10:34:16 AM

Author Topic: high lighting players namecells to aid better team games  (Read 2098 times)

Mahound

• THE ONLY time i get screwed is when i play poker!
    • View Profile
high lighting players namecells to aid better team games
« on: May 09, 2017, 10:16:19 AM »
sorry haven't  been on for a long time, (nearly 5 years now) but i was thinking, in a team game, would you to be able highlight different players and then display them with their team colours on a different coloured background  thus enabling all players be allocated same colour on each team. This would assist in keeping players from the same team being sat at the same table, also preventing any collusion and squabbles at the tables. I think the formulas would involve some very difficult maths which are way beyond my capabilities.
I was originally thinking of 6-10 teams with 6-10 players in each team, that is the biggest i can manage, any bigger then it might be a nightmare with too much squabbling.

I would like players to be able to see how many points each player has to accrue and improve there teams total scores and then if possible post the team scores on another page. 
I have never used  v3  yet.If its possible in V3 then forgive me for posting this on this forum.

One other question please. Is V3 as easy to use as V2?, everyone's opinions would be helpful, would it also be possible to create a scoring formula that will take into account the finishing position of each player in the team.

If this seems a  daft, blame it on my stroke( which I had 5 years ago ) It has taken me 30 minutes to type this and I often put down the wrong things. I know what I want to say but often cant express my thoughts in a sensible way so some people may not understand what I mean, apologies if this is the case but I hope you get the gist of this post.
Best wishes to all jim ward ( Mahound ) if any one has any thoughts good or bad your would be greatly appreciated.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 11:27:00 AM by Mahound »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: high lighting players namecells to aid better team games
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 10:11:27 PM »
The teams idea has been floated here before and is actually on my to-do list.  However I don't think it is as intricate as you've proposed, as in my notes I've just mentioned that being able to assign a team and/or color coding to players would suffice.  The team color could be displayed on the Players tab and on the Tables tab (to assist in seating as you mentioned).  Being able to see team points is a whole other feature entirely, but not out of the question.  I wonder if this would warrant another tab where team names/colors could be created and players assigned, and formulas created and total team points displayed...

Mahound

• THE ONLY time i get screwed is when i play poker!
    • View Profile
Re: high lighting players namecells to aid better team games
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2017, 03:11:41 PM »
you  said it in s lot less words than i used Corey thanks