Author Topic: No loading tournament  (Read 1143 times)

pjmaldonado

• View Profile
No loading tournament
« on: May 19, 2014, 05:22:28 AM »
I was in an important tournament and the system shotdown, and when I tried to load it, it appear this:

"there was a problem loading the tournament"

I need to rescue the ranking of my players because I need the scores that they get in that tournament.

Can anyone help me? does anyone has a solution?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: No loading tournament
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 05:34:51 PM »
Sounds like the saved tournament was corrupted.  Possibly the system forced the TD application to exit while writing out the tournament file.  Or something.

Likely not something that can be fixed, but if you send me the saved tournament file I can look at it.  Send it to support@thetournamentdirector.net.

Consider turning on the backup feature: Preferences tab -> Loading / Saving category -> Make backups when saving tournaments

At least this way you might have a previously saved version of the tournament.  It might not have all the latest changes that happened in the tournament, but that might be easier to fix than a corrupted tournament file.

pjmaldonado

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 02:28:18 AM »
hi i'm pjmaldonado, I'm the guy that has the problem with the tournament direct, because it turned off and didnt get the chance to save the scores of my players.
That's all I need actually... If you can help me with that I'm happy. I need the ranking of my players please.
  My Email: pjmaldonado@hotmail.com

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2014, 11:50:03 AM »
I hate to give bad news, but I'm afraid the tournament info is lost.  The file you've attached is 307,887 bytes of the null character and nothing else.  Looks like it was completely corrupted.

Sorry.  :(