Author Topic: Can I reopen the Game?  (Read 2285 times)

theHammer

• View Profile
Can I reopen the Game?
« on: February 19, 2010, 10:28:19 PM »
On the very last bustout of the Tournament, I busted out the players in reverse order - putting the 2nd place player as the winner and vice versa.

IF the game were still going, I could easily hit S, undo the Bustout, and have a do-over.  But how do I do this with the tournament in GAME OVER mode?

HELP!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Can I reopen the Game?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 10:38:07 PM »
Same thing, just hit S.  Or click the Undo Bustout button on the Controls tab.

theHammer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 11:35:39 PM »
Ohhhhh... I was hitting the "S" button while "The Tournament Director Settings" window was popped-up.  The "S" button was not responding.  But as I left the pop-up window by clicking on to the Tournament button, the "S" button would then respond.   ::)

And WOW - what a quick response from you!  Do you ever sleep???

theHammer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2010, 11:40:29 PM »
One more question...

I did notice that when I made the correction, it assumed the end of the game at the actual time of the correction vs. the previous end-of-game time.  Any adjustment available there, or do I just live with the 1 hour and 40 minute additional time.  No biggie - just curious.  Thanks again!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2010, 01:28:09 PM »
That's right, when you undo the bust-out, the game is at that point back in session, so to speak.

On the Players tab, press the "Adjust Rankings" button.  Edit the final bust-out and change the time to a more appropriate time.  Then edit the tournament end time and do the same.  Save the tournament.

The Meal

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2011, 12:42:40 PM »
I understand I'm necromancing an old thread, but this is the topic that search turned up.  I had the same issue: busted out the incorrect person at the end of the tournament.  I can undo the bust-out, but I didn't find my error until a few weeks after the issue.

How do I adjust the end-time of the tournament?  I can't find it anywhere.  (Version 2.5.12, FWIW)

Thank you,
~Neal

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2011, 01:06:48 PM »
My last response should work:

On the Players tab, press the "Adjust Rankings" button.  Edit the final bust-out and change the time to a more appropriate time.  Then edit the tournament end time and do the same.  Save the tournament.

The Meal

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2011, 10:41:13 PM »
Thanks, Corey.  You are correct and that did work.  So much for my ability to pay attention to details. :)

Thanks for a great piece of software.  Is there any where beneficial on the web where I can give an unsolicited user review which would be helpful for you?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2011, 10:44:44 AM »
If I told you one, wouldn't it then be considered solicited?  :)