Author Topic: V3 Default Data Store  (Read 2014 times)

Seitz333

• View Profile
V3 Default Data Store
« on: November 01, 2011, 11:38:05 AM »
On a fresh install is the new data store still created in My Documents as "The Tournament Director 2" ?

Chuck

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: V3 Default Data Store
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 11:45:11 AM »
Yes.  Installing as a new application allows existing users to download and evaluate the software without losing their current installation.  But many or most will want to upgrade, and using the same Data Store facilitates that.  This is why performing a backup first is important.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 12:03:58 PM »
I didnt' expect it to be in TD2 folder, however, it was nice to see some of the settings transfer over from TD2 to TD3. Those that didn't, for the most part, were easy to swap over. It wasn't until I was setting up the new season for the league (which starts tonight) that I noticed that it kept it as TD2 folder. I honestly had to do a double take to ensure I clicked on 3 instead of 2... lol ;D
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Seitz333

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 12:41:36 PM »
I think I have all of my settings and templates moved and reset some prefs, I ran a test tourney and it seemed to do just fine. I have a 40 player tourney tonight to give it a good run.

Chuck

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2011, 12:44:49 PM »
I think I have all of my settings and templates moved and reset some prefs, I ran a test tourney and it seemed to do just fine. I have a 40 player tourney tonight to give it a good run.

Chuck

Good to hear - I've not had the time to do a mock tourney before a tournament of roughly the same size.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2011, 01:32:16 PM »
I didnt' expect it to be in TD2 folder, however, it was nice to see some of the settings transfer over from TD2 to TD3. Those that didn't, for the most part, were easy to swap over. It wasn't until I was setting up the new season for the league (which starts tonight) that I noticed that it kept it as TD2 folder. I honestly had to do a double take to ensure I clicked on 3 instead of 2... lol ;D

Had I been forward thinking enough at the time I would not have named the folder "Tournament Director 2", but just "Tournament Director".  Little late now.  :)

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2011, 03:31:44 PM »
This is beyond me, but is it possible for an exe or a msi to rename a folder during install?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2011, 09:08:26 PM »
This is beyond me, but is it possible for an exe or a msi to rename a folder during install?

Certainly.  But it would also have to modify your Data Store configuration, since at least one Data Store points to that folder.  And it could potentially cause problems with whatever the user may already be doing on their PC.  Maybe they've got that folder set to be backed up by an online service.  Renaming it could cause it to be removed from backup.  Or maybe ... well, anything could be going on, honestly.  Not to mention the confusion it would cause some users.

Path of least resistance was just to leave it as it was.

Seitz333

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2011, 11:30:48 AM »
Just an update, my tourney ran fine last night without any V3 software problems. I did a use the undo bust out, undo rebuy, chops, move player finish position and undo chop, every thing worked great. My next project is to see if I can get status updates working.

Thanks Corey!

Chuck

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2011, 12:00:20 AM »
Awesome.  Glad to hear it, and thanks for the feedback.