Author Topic: LEAGUE RANKINGS??  (Read 4450 times)

rflynn2nd

• View Profile
LEAGUE RANKINGS??
« on: October 10, 2006, 10:32:32 AM »
Is there a way to put the League Rankings on the Player Rankings page so I know who is ahead in the overall LEAGUE?

MattBurlew

• View Profile
Re: LEAGUE RANKINGS??
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006, 09:46:23 PM »
You can create a HTML file, link it to a token (I use a rules token), and put that in a cell.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2006, 10:45:56 AM »
The only information that can be displayed on the Tournament page, the Player Rankings page, or the Seating Chart page, is information about the currently loaded tournament.  League rankings are calculated over many tournaments played, so this info cannot be (directly) placed onto the Tournament Director screen.

You can export this information from the Stats page to an HTML file, and then do with that as you want.  As Matt pointed out, you can reference that file using a rules token, and place the rules token on one of your layout screens, and voila - league rankings.

rflynn2nd

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2006, 02:32:25 PM »
Thanks, I will give that a try.

$lick_ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2006, 10:40:27 AM »
what I'll do is at the end of the night, I'll pull up the stats page and refresh it to include the tournament played that night (make sure you've saved it already) and then anyone who is still around can see the stats paged, sorted in decending by points.

Before every weeks tournament, I export the stats to a CSV file, then bring it into Excel, print out the League Standings, etc... it's posted on the wall in my garage where we play.

rflynn2nd

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2006, 04:23:25 PM »
What I finally settled on doing is:

Exporting the refreshed league results in the database to an HTML FILE. 
Once I open that you can view the source info for the page. 
I then, copy and paste it into one of the properties.

I know this is a very basic way and I have left out A LOT of details on how this is done, but it works very nicely and looks great!! VERY PROFESSIONAL ALMOST LIKE I KNOW HOW TO DO WEBPAGES.. HAHA

CanopicJar

• View Profile
    • The Back Door Holdem blog
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2006, 09:26:29 PM »
I export to a .csv and then clen it up in excel.  From excel I save it as an html file and post it up on my blog for everyone to check.

Travis