Author Topic: Set Chip Counts Dialog - Feature Request  (Read 3042 times)

jimtsr

• View Profile
Set Chip Counts Dialog - Feature Request
« on: June 29, 2013, 02:29:11 PM »
I've been a user of TD since the earliest days.  I've been a lurker on this forum for several years and have gained an incredible education from the extremely generous members of this group.  With my apologies, this is my very first post.  I look forward to being a contributor instead of just a lurker going forward.  Thanks to all of you who contribute so much.

For this post, I have a request to Corey.  My purposes are 100% toward home games of 20 people or less...  Usually, 10 people or less.  I'm not sure this request would have any meaningful application for all the commercial users out there.

While we seldom track chip counts for each and every hand, we often like to keep track of the chip leaders every few hands or at least at every break.  Obviously, the existing dialog for setting chip counts it the perfect place to manage this.  However, it doesn't appear there is any correlation between setting the player chip counts and the actual total chips in any given tourney.  As a result, it is very easy to type in a wrong number for player chip counts such that the chip leader board would not match the actual chips in the tourney.  For this reason, I would like to request an additional data section be added to the "chip counts" dialog.  I've attached a small graphic to explain this request visually.  Hopefully, this will makes sense.  I haven't found this as a request topic here on the boards, so I'm not sure if this is a big deal to anyone else.  For me, it would be a great addition to an already incredible poker software.

Please see attached graphic...

Thanks,

Jim Davis

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Set Chip Counts Dialog - Feature Request
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 10:15:39 AM »
Makes sense, and probably pretty straightforward (and simple) to implement.  Let me see what I can do.

jimtsr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 02:13:00 PM »
Thanks very much Corey!

Jim

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 04:42:32 PM »
Added.  It will be in the next release (no release date yet).

jimtsr

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2013, 01:02:02 PM »
Fantastic.  Thanks Corey!

mcfrojd

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2013, 02:12:53 AM »
I'm not sure if this is fixed allready but i know that when i run my GP finales and my players get extra chips from there GP points.
If i adjust the players chips the token "chipsinplay" wont change. i noticed that i had to add the extra chips in "house contribution" chips to to make the total chips in play token to show the right amount.

with this new feature it will be easier to see that the playerchips amount equals the number of extra chips that i add accordingly to the GP points.

MickejMouse

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2013, 11:47:12 AM »
I have an idea 2 :)

In our breaks we do a chipcount of all our players but the pages i get back are seat and table numbers... I've to check the name and go back andf fourth between table and players. Maybe an option where i can just right click on the player (in the table tab) and chose adjust chips count :)

This would make it extremely easy :D

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2013, 12:17:45 PM »
I have an idea 2 :)

In our breaks we do a chipcount of all our players but the pages i get back are seat and table numbers... I've to check the name and go back andf fourth between table and players. Maybe an option where i can just right click on the player (in the table tab) and chose adjust chips count :)

This would make it extremely easy :D
Cant you just use ( tdbutton...set chip count..and place it on your break screen or where ever..