Author Topic: Add Players from Tables Tab  (Read 1982 times)

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
Add Players from Tables Tab
« on: July 17, 2011, 02:37:12 PM »
When I use an Add Player (or even new player) hotkey from the Tables tab, the player's name does not immediately appear in the Unseated Players list. I have to click another tab then come back to the Tables tab before the name(s) I just entered appear.
Can this be fixed?

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
Re: Add Players from Tables Tab
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 03:26:26 PM »
I also noticed that if I have a player seated (without buying in) and I edit the player details from the players tab, TD removes the player from the table...

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 12:04:54 PM »
When I use an Add Player (or even new player) hotkey from the Tables tab, the player's name does not immediately appear in the Unseated Players list. I have to click another tab then come back to the Tables tab before the name(s) I just entered appear.
Can this be fixed?

Yep, most of these tabs were originally designed to only need to be aware of actions that could occur on that tab.  So, for example, you couldn't add players to the tournament while the Tables tab is displayed, because there was no way to do it.  Now that you can use certain hotkeys on some of the tabs, and the Dashboard allows actions, the tabs need to be aware of a lot more actions.  I've coded as many as I can find, but there will be some I've missed.  I'll put this one down on the list.  Thank you.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 12:09:02 PM »
I also noticed that if I have a player seated (without buying in) and I edit the player details from the players tab, TD removes the player from the table...

Yes, bug, nice catch.  Thank you.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2011, 03:31:39 PM »
This was a bug fixed in 2.6.b5:

- (2.5.11): A player may not be unseated when the player's tournament history is edited from the Game Player dialog

In 2.6.b5, after editing a player, if the player is not in the tournament the player will be unseated.  I updated this to only unseat if you don't allow unpaid players to be seated, otherwise the player remains seated.