Author Topic: Multiple Screen Ideas  (Read 2458 times)

jcornel7

• View Profile
Multiple Screen Ideas
« on: June 19, 2006, 08:51:08 PM »
OK I have been using The Tournament Director since the first version. I love the software and use it for all the charity tournaments I run. However I have a problem. I am doing a charity tournament in which it has gotten so big it requires two rooms now. I have multiple laptops and projectors and a wireless network to use but does anyone have any ideas on how to display the same tournament on multiple computers? The app is kind of web basedbut I tried to share a session on a web server - no go. I tried Remote Desktop and a shadow session - no go. Any ideas.....HELP!??!?!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Multiple Screen Ideas
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 09:45:13 PM »
There are a number of software products out there that will share/duplicate/remote control a desktop over a network.  Here are some  I know of:

VNC (free, with multiple incarnations)
PCAnywhere
NetOp Remote Control

Users have tried some of these with varying degrees of success.

Here's one reviewed by Scott Keen on his message board, specifically to use with the TD:
http://www.scottkeen.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4234

flounderxl

• View Profile
Re: Multiple Screen Ideas
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2006, 12:28:46 AM »
I am running TD 2.0 on an old Thinkpad 600x attached to two spare monitors using a VGA Y cable (Pro Series VGA Monitor "Y" Cable, White, 12 inch, HD15 pin Male to 2x HD15 pin Female) with long extensions (Belkin Pro Series VGA Monitor Extension Cable, Gray, 15 feet, HD15 pin Male to HD15 pin Female) to put the monitors on opposite sides of the room. The Y cable is hooked up into the back of the laptop attached to the video out. Low tech, highly effective.