Author Topic: TD3 Version does not work  (Read 6285 times)

Hardstyler

• View Profile
TD3 Version does not work
« on: October 31, 2011, 03:46:54 PM »
I downloaded Version 3 of the TD today.

Iīm using Windows Vista 32bit Version. Internetexplorer 9 is installed but not my default Browser.

When i start the TD 3 Application it shows me the following message "ms-its:C:\Program Files\The Tournament Director 3\TD.lib::/lib/tdComm.jse" That there is a fail function. I could click that i would allow skrips  and then i try to enter the license KEy i got today for version 3.

there is the failure message:

"Name: Type Error
Number: 7-5
Description: Acces Denied

at TDErrorHandler (String, String, Number)
at open dialog (unknown)
at Licensing. LKDialog.clickOKbutton()

I donīt now what to do.

Pls help  ;)

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Re: TD3 Version does not work
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 04:10:21 PM »
That's odd... I'm running Windows 7, 64bit, with IE9, Firefox 7, and Google Chrome all as browsers, though Chrome is set to default right now (I believe). I downloaded TD3 also, but I haven't run into any issues. I got my key to be accepted, after some technical issues on my end. What I would suggest is to take a screen shot of it, and post it on here as pictures, that way we can see exactly what you're seeing, and it may help some of us who aren't sure what's going on to help you out on the issue.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 12:53:42 AM »
Unfortunately I have no idea what the problem is.  Could be a problem with Windows Script.  Not much you can do about that if it is since Microsoft has not released a stand-alone install of Windows Script for Windows Vista or Windows 7.  Could be that native XMLHTTP support has been disabled in Internet Explorer, although the TD code should not blow up in this way if so.  XMLHTTP can be disabled as a administrative policy as well.  That's one I'm not *sure* if I have tested, but I would think it would be handled in the same way if it were disabled via IE settings.

A screenshot would definitely be helpful... at least somewhere to start.

cycosi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2011, 03:05:57 AM »
I got the exact same problem  :( :(

When I start TD3 I get this:

This basically says access denied...

Then for example if I try to enter my license key, I get this:

I run on Windows 7 64 bits.

I also have the problem with the right click menu where I can't select anything...

Please help, this is really annoying.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2011, 08:00:40 AM »
My guess on this is that XMLHttpRequest (aka AJAX) has been disabled.  This can be done through Internet Explorer's settings or through Administrative settings.  Are you using a personal PC or perhaps a company PC which may set those policies for you?

For the context-menu issue: this has happened to perhaps half a dozen users that have reported to me, and I have not determined what is causing this.  I did, however, add the ability to navigate the context-menu using the keyboard.  Please try opening the context-menu and then using the cursor-keys and the Enter key to navigate.  I don't know if this will workaround the issue yet for someone who is unable to otherwise select items on the context-menu.

cycosi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2011, 04:26:37 PM »
ok I have tested the keyboard navigation for the context menu and it works here.

As for the other issue, I use the program on my personal laptop.

I have checked and native xmlhttp is enabled in internet explorer.

cycosi

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2011, 01:47:30 AM »
Anything else we can try?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2011, 11:27:05 AM »
Unfortunately I don't know what to do.  The error message seems pretty clear in that access to XMLHttpRequest is not being allowed.  That is, it doesn't appear to be that there is an issue, such as something being corrupted or not installed correctly or anything like that, but rather that Windows simply isn't allowing access to XMLHttpRequest.

I found the Group Policy that controls this.  When I disable it, the TD is unable to validate a license but it does not produce an error message.  The software is simply unable to contact the server.

But who knows?  Maybe it produces a different result on your system.  On the Windows Start Menu, type "group policy", then click the "Edit Group Policy" item that opens.  I'm currently using a PC connected to a domain controller, so this might not even show up on a personal PC.  But if it does, open it.  This should open a control panel window with "Local Computer Policy" at the top.  Open the following:

Local Computer Policy -> Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Internet Explorer -> Security Features -> AJAX

Then in the right-hand panel, double-click "Enable Native XMLHttpRequest Support".  Mine is set to "Not configured", which I presume leaves it in its default state of "enabled".  You might try explicitly setting it to "Enabled" and see if anything changes when you try to register the TD software.  If that doesn't fix it, you might even try setting it to "Disabled" just to see what happens.  It was my experience that this change took effect immediately without even the need to restart the TD, but you might want to just in case.

I honestly don't know what affect this will have, if any.  I have no idea what is causing the issue for you, as I've never seen it before.

If you've purchased a license and are unable to register the software, I will of course refund it upon request.  If we reach that point, please contact me via email: support@thetournamentdirector.net

Trash Monkey

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2011, 04:41:16 PM »
I was encountering the exact same problem...verbatim. I went through the steps you mentioned Corey and along the way found that my activeX controls were being blocked, found bad code in the windows registry under internet settings and fix that problem in order to get into the group policy, my ajax was like yours set to "not configured" I clicked enable and was able to launch and register my TD3 software.

Whether it was the activeX problem or the ajax I'm not sure but regardless I was able to solve the problem. If anyone else is having an issue still don't hesitate to contact me I'll try to help as much as I can.

cycosi

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2011, 01:49:53 PM »
ok I am interested in knowing exactly what you did.

My system is a Windows 7 64 bits french edition, I use the computer as a standalone computer (i.e not on a domain).

So all my menus are in french, and I have a hard time to find where to go to chekc this Ajax thing...

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2011, 08:14:17 PM »
Here is a potential solution to this:

• Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog
  • Type regedit and press the Enter key
  • Expand the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones
  • Under the Zones subkey you should see a list of numbered subkeys: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4
  • Is there another subkey before the subkey 0?  It might look like an L with a line through it, like this: Ł.  I don't have an example to provide so it might be slightly different.
  • If so, delete that key (right-click on the key and select Delete).
  • Close the registry editor and try the TD again.

H0r5ey

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2011, 10:53:30 AM »
Here is a potential solution to this:

• Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog
  • Type regedit and press the Enter key
  • Expand the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones
  • Under the Zones subkey you should see a list of numbered subkeys: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4
  • Is there another subkey before the subkey 0?  It might look like an L with a line through it, like this: Ł.  I don't have an example to provide so it might be slightly different.
  • If so, delete that key (right-click on the key and select Delete).
  • Close the registry editor and try the TD again.

I was having this issue, however, with Corey's help, this method worked just fine...

Thanks Corey
[/list]

cycosi

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2012, 07:13:10 AM »
That fixed it for me as well.

However I now have a separate issue as the bar I use on my Vaio to launch programs is giving me security issues.

I am working on that now.

cycosi

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2012, 07:29:04 AM »
Ok I restarted my computer and the side problem is now gone.

Thanx for your help.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2012, 10:22:59 AM »
Great to hear.  By the way, this is thought to be an issue with Adobe Flash: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w7itprosecurity/thread/90c3202c-448b-42b7-acf7-dab8dba7b000