Main > General Discussion

Rebuys?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Lafrog:
Why would you speculate on what the OP meant. You stated a rule that applies to re-entries ONLY while answering a question about rebuys...

Normally the cost of a rebuy is less that the starting cost of the tournament because you should not charge the admin fee again... Not the case for re-entries.

Also if your tournament feature a Dealer Add-On, those could be applicable only to the start of the tournament (hence not for rebuys) in this case NO the Rebuy Stack would not be the same as the starting stack.

efdenny:
Again, typically home games don't charge an admin fee, most tournaments no longer do "re-buys", only "re-entries", and there was no mention of dealer add-ons, rakes, needing to make an immediate decision... since the OP accepted the answer (of a year old thread), there is no point in debating. The main take-away from this thread should be "Honestly, use whatever works best for your group."

Corey Cooper:

--- Quote from: Lafrog on January 27, 2017, 01:27:51 PM ---Why would you speculate on what the OP meant. You stated a rule that applies to re-entries ONLY while answering a question about rebuys...

Normally the cost of a rebuy is less that the starting cost of the tournament because you should not charge the admin fee again... Not the case for re-entries.

Also if your tournament feature a Dealer Add-On, those could be applicable only to the start of the tournament (hence not for rebuys) in this case NO the Rebuy Stack would not be the same as the starting stack.

--- End quote ---

This is informative to me, because I've always been a bit fuzzy on the difference between rebuys and re-entries.  Hence why I've not yet added re-entries to the application.

Silver Owl:
Just to clarify, this is a 7-10 player home game. I didn't realize there was a difference between rebuys and re-entries and I still don't know which one I was asking about. Its a no-limit holdem tournament and if you are knocked out before level 5 you can (rebuy/re-entry?). There is no rake , no dealer add-ons of any kind. Kinda funny that I come here and usually read the new messages, I didn't realize that it was me asking the original question until you guys started talking about the OP.  :)
BTW, I give a full stack for the same entry fee amount.

christopherh:
My interpretation of the difference between the two are:

Re-entry - a player busts out of a tournament and purchases a new complete stack in accordance to Rule #7 of the TDA Rules (or similar when using custom rules)
Re-buy - When a player is still in the tournament/game and has less than the starting stack (but still in the tournament) can purchase additional chips, or in the event of a cash game they can add to their stack provided it is within the minimum and maximum buy-in limits.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version