Author Topic: Quickstart edit default settings?  (Read 1554 times)

mcfrojd

• View Profile
Quickstart edit default settings?
« on: April 27, 2016, 07:17:16 AM »
Hello Corey.
Is there a settings file or way to change the default chips (colors, values and number per player) and rounds (length and blinds) and maybe the option to make some of the other settings fixed (not able to choose the wrong value) for the Quickstart option.

When I'm not at the local poker club, no one can manage the TD.
I have tried to learn other people to run the program, but no one ever manage to do it.
I have tried to make multiple templates with most of the diffrent buyins end types of games, but that seems to be to hard to understand..

The perfect run thou of the quickstart setup for me would be.
1. title (works fine as is)
2. buy in (works fine as is)
3. Chips (i would like the default chips here to match our set of chips. Values ($25=8) ($100=8) ($500=8) ($1000=5) equals 10.000 in chips
4. time (we usually run a structure thats about 4,5h long)
5. re-buys (works fine as is)
6. prices (works fine as is)
7. track players (her i would like to lock the option so that they allways run with simple mode for minimal adminintration)

I would like a last step with the option to send the tournament screen to the external monitor (TV) also if possible.
after the settings i done i see that the quickstart tourney uses the last used layout. I would like to be able to set another default layout for quickstart tourneys.

I think i would be able to make a simple instruction for the others so they could be able to start a tournament on their own..

(Running the latest beta 2)

// McFrojd

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Quickstart edit default settings?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2016, 09:46:26 PM »
Unfortunately, the Quick Start feature is not configurable beyond what is presented within the feature itself.  Development would need to be done to make it so.

But I guess I'm curious as to why you don't just configure a basic tournament and set it as the default tournament.  Sounds like you've got a defined layout, structure, etc, so why not get everything set up beforehand, save the tournament, and then set it as the default.  That way, anyone creating a new tournament would get all the good stuff pre-configured.  Or am I missing something?

mammolastan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2021, 06:39:43 PM »
Hi, hope you don't mind I dredge up an old topic, but i found this by searching and it's relevant. I am trying to make it so that when creating a New Tournament, all the Chips and Layout settings load. I created a Tournament file to use as a 'base' Tournament, and saved it, and then set this to be the default Tournament used when creating a New Tournament. This base Tournament has the Chips and Layout settings as desired. When I use the "Load" option and load the Tournament, the Layout shows up. However, when I use the "New" option and choose to create a new from this Tournament, the Layout does not show up.

Is there a specific setting to choose to have the Chips and Layout be pulled in from this method?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2021, 10:36:31 PM »
Make sure you've got the preference to save layouts with tournaments enabled when you save your default tournament.  Not saving layouts with tournaments makes tournament files smaller and makes the loading time faster, which can be a big boost for running stats where there may be dozens or hundreds of tournaments loaded, depending on your situation.  I believe the preference to save layouts with tournaments is enabled by default.  It's on the Preferences tab in the "Loading / Saving" category.