Author Topic: How to update player points after tourney is finished  (Read 2243 times)

famous58

• View Profile
How to update player points after tourney is finished
« on: October 26, 2006, 09:54:21 PM »
I have a problem.  I started a new season and during the first game I marked that one player rebought when he did not, and the other guy who did rebuy I did not mark.  I need to go and and adjust their point totalls but I can't see how to do so.

TIA for any help so I don't have to manually update their point totals after every game.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: How to update player points after tourney is finished
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2006, 12:00:01 PM »
If you are using the latest version, load the tournament, go to the Players tab, and edit the player for whom you performed an incorrect rebuy.  On the Edit Game Player dialog, in the Tournament History section, right-click on the rebuy and select "Undo Rebuy".  Then edit the player for whom you should have performed a rebuy, in the Tournament History section right-click on the first action he/she performed after the rebuy (that you didn't record), and select "Insert Rebuy".

URSHARKB8

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2006, 10:53:47 AM »
SWEET  THANKS COREY!!!!!  I only had one player to do this for, but that makes it a whole lot easier!!!!!!!

britnt7

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2006, 02:03:41 PM »
Corey,

Just curious as to how you would assign a hit to someone if you mistakenly did a rebuy on the wrong person and edited it manually? When you undo the first rebuy, will that hit go away? When you add a rebuy, how is it you give credit to a hit to the person that knocked this person out?

Thanks,
Tim

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2006, 02:59:17 PM »
Basically, a player has buy-ins, add-ons, and bust-outs.  Rebuys are just buy-ins that happen after the first buy-in, so I refer to them all as "buy-ins".  Add-ons don't really count because they don't actually affect play.  Each Bust-out is associated with a buy-in.  If you undo a buy-in and there is an associated bust-out, it will either be moved to a more recent buy-in, or it will be undone along with the buy-in.  For example:

Buy-in
Rebuy
Bust-out

In this scenario, if you undo the rebuy, the bust-out remains and is now associated with the initial buy-in.

Buy-in
Bust-out
Rebuy
Bust-out

If you undo the rebuy in this scenario, the 2nd bust-out goes away, too.

If you insert a rebuy, the same logic holds.  If you insert a rebuy just before a bust-out, then the bust-out will then be associated with the new rebuy.  This won't change anything (as far as who got credit for the "hit").  If you insert a rebuy just before another rebuy, then the inserted rebuy won't have a bust-out (as if the player was allowed to rebuy before busting out of the tournament).  If you player DID bust-out and you need to give credit to another player, insert a bust-out after the inserted rebuy.  For example:

Buy-in
Rebuy
Busted-out by X

If you forgot that this player actually rebought earlier in the tournament and was busted out by player Y, then insert a rebuy before the existing rebuy:

Buy-in
Rebuy
Rebuy
Busted-out by X

Then insert a bust-out before the 2nd rebuy:

Buy-in
Rebuy
Busted-out by Y
Rebuy
Busted-out by X

Make sense?

famous58

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2006, 04:20:50 PM »
THANKS!  That worked like a charm.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, awesome program!