Author Topic: Live Updates  (Read 904 times)

candidog

• View Profile
Live Updates
« on: February 21, 2012, 11:12:33 PM »
I have a great idea which I want to implement for my tournament this weekend.  I host my own website for our poker league.  I'm creating a page that will have Live Reporting updates for my tournament in real time.  So what I was going to do was take the History information and export it to text file.  Then I would upload this file to my site through the tournament.  This text file would be called upon and then display the history data on my Live Reporting page.  So I have a couple of questions before I try to make this happen.

(1) Does tournament director write this history into a text file already or do I need to export it to a text file every time.  This way I can write a script that can automatically upload it to my website.  Then there would be no user intervention from the program to the webpage.

(2) This history data in my text is displayed from oldest to the most current data.  Meaning if I post this file to my site the user would need to scroll to the bottom of this my page every time to see the latest updates.  Is there a way I can get this data from the most current to the latest (basically reverse order)? So once new data is refreshed from the page it would be displayed from the top to the bottom.

If anyone has any other ideas to make this automated, I'm all ears.  The last thing I want is the actual tournament director copying and uploading the data every 15 minutes or so during the tournament.

Thanks....
Greg

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Live Updates
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 10:40:02 AM »
(1) Does tournament director write this history into a text file already or do I need to export it to a text file every time.  This way I can write a script that can automatically upload it to my website.  Then there would be no user intervention from the program to the webpage.

The TD doesn't do this automatically.  It would require you to to it manually.

(2) This history data in my text is displayed from oldest to the most current data.  Meaning if I post this file to my site the user would need to scroll to the bottom of this my page every time to see the latest updates.  Is there a way I can get this data from the most current to the latest (basically reverse order)? So once new data is refreshed from the page it would be displayed from the top to the bottom.

Again, you'll have to do this yourself.  Not hard with most programming languages.