Author Topic: Help with formatiing & fitting cells  (Read 3222 times)

whirlers

• View Profile
Help with formatiing & fitting cells
« on: February 03, 2012, 08:27:57 AM »
Hiya folks

I have been at this for days now and i still can't seem to get this right. I have a EPL background from Hally which i have edited slightly for my own taste, but i've having a nightmare getting the cells lined up and in place. It seems i line one up perfectly then i edit the next one and it knocks others out of place.
If anyone has a better knowledge of this formatting and would do me a quick favour of having a go at setting the cells up, it would be greatly appreciated.

I have the background & the cells in place, i just need them put in the right location regarding the background.
Any help would be very helpful

Mahound

• THE ONLY time i get screwed is when i play poker!
    • View Profile
Re: Help with formatiing & fitting cells
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 08:36:45 AM »
Hiya folks

I have been at this for days now and i still can't seem to get this right. I have a EPL background from Hally which i have edited slightly for my own taste, but i've having a nightmare getting the cells lined up and in place. It seems i line one up perfectly then i edit the next one and it knocks others out of place.
If anyone has a better knowledge of this formatting and would do me a quick favour of having a go at setting the cells up, it would be greatly appreciated.

I have the background & the cells in place, i just need them put in the right location regarding the background.
Any help would be very helpful

Create a new cell. call it Blank 1 -  I enter text which is transparent. So it will display the cell, but you wont be able to see the text.
 When you pick a text colour, something  like #fff000 highlight it and CHANGE IT BY just type in "transparent" no quotes.
You can reuse the cell many times just by dragging it into your layout . You will also be able to adjust the height, width and padding
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 08:41:13 AM by Mahound »

whirlers

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 08:54:23 AM »
i'll give that a go......cheers

whirlers

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 09:11:41 AM »
I'm trying to put a cell like you mentioned at the bottom of the layout to puch everything up,,,,but no matter how much i pad it or, change the height the cells don't move......what am i missing here ??

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 09:34:32 AM »
Where are you trying to put that cell you need at, left side of the blinds in the box, or the top left or right side of the clock, or the bottom

whirlers

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 09:48:42 AM »
Here is the layout as it looks at the moment

The layout design looks like this

I'm not sure what i need to do to get the cells to align  ???

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2012, 10:23:18 AM »
All his cell are set at.....Width 300 & Height 80 in the box when you add a new cell you need his fonts size 20 ( Calibri....bold....shadow ) when you add a new cell you need to have it to be the same fonts size 20 ( Calibri....bold....shadow ) with the new cell ( width & height to w/300 & h/50 ) you need have to ajust 1 or two of his cells hight to be 50...depending on how many cells your adding.    looking at it your Avg Stack needs to be Avg Stack<br>0....and maybe Next Break to...Next Break<br>50.00 & Total Chips....Total Chips<br>12,000 & 1 Player Left...1 <br>Player Left  & you added Antes so you need to ajust all cells width from 300 to say 200 and go from there or try Putting a  column to the right of you Blinds,Next Blinds & Blank,.. put a cell in the column with width to it, say a 100  and ajust the width until it fits. but i would ajust his cells width first thats just me.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 10:25:32 AM by TIMMER »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2012, 10:50:07 AM »
This is where a free-form layout would be extremely useful.

whirlers

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2012, 11:43:01 AM »
Hiya Corey

Is that something i can do this end, or are we talking something to do with Tournament Director...i think we have been spoilt over the years with advancements in programs where they are simplified to the point that most users can use them. Drag n drop, easy format etc etc...so when it comes to getting to grips with TD it's like learning English all over again  ;D

I'm going to keep messing to see if i can get this right, as the layout pic is perfect for what i need. I just need the cells to be within the pics borders

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2012, 12:41:52 PM »
You have to redo the most of the cells to get this to look right       edit.....What size is your resolution.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 01:01:58 PM by TIMMER »

whirlers

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2012, 01:06:01 PM »
Resolution is 1600x900

I have the original backdrop setup perfectly (with a few minor adjustments) for a league i run.
The new back drop is for a bounty game i want to run, so needs a few more details like antes.....so i just need this new layout to work.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2012, 01:24:41 PM »
Hiya Corey

Is that something i can do this end, or are we talking something to do with Tournament Director...i think we have been spoilt over the years with advancements in programs where they are simplified to the point that most users can use them. Drag n drop, easy format etc etc...so when it comes to getting to grips with TD it's like learning English all over again  ;D

I'm going to keep messing to see if i can get this right, as the layout pic is perfect for what i need. I just need the cells to be within the pics borders

It's something I'd like to do with the TD.  You can't do it today.  In short, I would like to add a "free form" setting for a Screen.  This would allow you to put cells anywhere on the screen, without them being confined to rows and columns.  The idea would be that you design the screen directly in the Game window (this would make "Layout Design Mode" have some real usefulness), by dragging cells, dragging corners to resize, that sort of thing.

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2012, 01:34:41 PM »
Would it work for you if your antes  where in the same cell as the blinds
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 02:29:58 PM by TIMMER »

whirlers

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2012, 02:50:01 PM »

It's something I'd like to do with the TD.  You can't do it today.  In short, I would like to add a "free form" setting for a Screen.  This would allow you to put cells anywhere on the screen, without them being confined to rows and columns.  The idea would be that you design the screen directly in the Game window (this would make "Layout Design Mode" have some real usefulness), by dragging cells, dragging corners to resize, that sort of thing.

Now thats what i'm taking about, could make some very impressive tournament layouts with a setup like that. Fingers crossed for TD 4.0  ;)

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2012, 03:27:49 PM »
I've got about 3 or 4 "big ticket" items I'd like to move close to the top of the "to-do" list, now that 3.0 is released.  One was to more tightly integrate with stats sites.  I'd gotten some inquiries to do this, and I'm still interested, but interest from the site operators appears to have waned.  That's unfortunate.  I think it would be pretty cool to have a single button to push and have the TD automatically upload your tournament into Stats Genie, or Home Poker Tour, for example.

A free-form layout is another one.  Player images is another.