Author Topic: Layout Issue in Vista  (Read 1407 times)

brenner

• View Profile
Layout Issue in Vista
« on: February 16, 2008, 09:34:40 AM »
I have tried searching for this but may have an isolated issue.  Sorry if there is an answer already posted.

I have used this software for 3 years and only recently upgraded to Vista.  Since then, I haven't had any of the bugs people have mentioned except for this one.

Whenever I load a tourney file, it never uses the layout I saved with it.  I will setup a new tourney a couple of days in advance and use an old tourney file as a template.  When I buy in and seat everyone, I have to auto-size the screen, even though I had done that when I saved the tourney file the first time.  Then, when the tourney is going, it will not go to the Blinds screen, it stays on the pre-tourney screen.  To get it to go to the Blinds screeen, I have to go to the layout tab, load the layout and then go back to the tourney screen.  This corrects it.

I have tried to do all of this prior to my players arriving but when I reset the tourney or close TD, it goes back to my previously mentioned issue.

Sorry if this is a noob question, but any help would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 04:22:12 PM by brenner »
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Layout Issue in Vista
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 08:41:54 PM »
Sorry to sound skeptical, but I just can't imagine how this could possibly happen.  Then again, stranger things have happened.

You mention 2 distinct issues, I think: (1) the layout you save with your tournament is different when you then load the same tournament; and (2) the layout stays on the "pre-tourney" screen even after you start the tournament.

So, for (1), what exactly do you mean?  You didn't mention any sort of details with this one.  Is something specifically different, or are you making a determination that it must be different because it seems to behave differently after you've saved it and then re-loaded it?

And for (2), are you sure you haven't locked the screen?  Because that would prevent it from moving to a different screen, and loading a layout would automatically unlock the screen.

If you're still having this issue, you can email a saved tournament file and the saved layout template to me and I can take a look.  Send it to support@thetournamentdirector.net.  No need to explain anything in the email, just attach the file(s) and put a link to this topic (http://thetournamentdirector.net/forums/index.php?topic=1095.0) in the text.

brenner

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 10:16:02 AM »
1) When I load a tourney file, it does have the layout that I want in it.  So, I practice by buying in all of the players and then going to the tourney screen where its flashing at me that we are ready.  First, the screen is not auto-sized, so I fix this.  Then, I start the clock but it doesn't go anywhere.

2)Now that you mention it, I do remember seeing a lock in the upper corner.  I have never changed that setting, so it seems odd that it would be there now, esp. having used this layout all last year.  Maybe just a coincidence with upgrading to Vista.

So, here's my follow up.  We had the tourney last night, completed it, saved it.  Went to load it this morning and use it as a template for next month's tourney...wouldn't you know, everything works that way it should.  So, I don't know what happened, because I never turned off the screen lock.  You mentioned that it unlocks the screen when I load the layout.  So, maybe it was getting saved locked and when I reset the tourney, it reset the lock?

All in all, thanks again for the help.
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 11:12:17 AM »
It won't save the screen lock.  But you *can* lock the screen without realizing it.  And now that I mention that, it seems pretty obvious what is happening.

The screen locks when you:
- Manually lock the screen (Ctrl+L by default)
- Manually select a screen to display (pressing keys 1 through 9 by default will display the corresponding screen)
- Auto-size the screen