Author Topic: League-points problem  (Read 2504 times)

D71J

• View Profile
League-points problem
« on: November 11, 2010, 04:59:37 AM »
Hi,

we have about 500 players in our TD-database and we have allready played several tournaments this year. The tournaments we
have done where all freerolls, but since september we started with a league for members who have payed to be part of that league
and they are now playing for a league-pot. The problem I'm having now is that when there are players who allready played with us
without paying and decide after a couple of games that they are going to join our league, TD will give them the points they would
have scored in the tournaments they participated in when they weren't members of the league yet. So they should only get the
points from the moment they became members of the league. Is there a way to tell TD that those players points only count from
the time they became a member of that league? I hope you understand what I'm trying to say here.

Best regards,

Dave

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: League-points problem
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 10:31:03 AM »
I understand, and in fact I've addressed this before.  I don't know what (if any) resolution we came to.  I'll have to search around a little bit to see if I can find it.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 12:20:30 PM »
There are two ways I think you can combat this, neither is great, but either should work.

(1) When a player decides to join the paying league, you run statistics, note how many points that player has already earned, and then adjust the player's points in the first tournament they play after becoming a paying member.  For example, say I've been playing your free rolls and have earned 75 points.  Just before playing in a tournament today I decide to become a paying member.  That means only points earned from today on should count.  So, for today's tournament, edit Corey on the Players tab and adjust my points by "-75" (negative 75).  That effectively zeros out my points going forward.  If I earn 20 points today, Stats should reflect that I have 20 points, and not 95 points.

(2) Create a new player for Corey in the database and start using that player.  There will now be 2 Corey's in the database, one for free rolls and one who is a league member.  You could always delete the first Corey from the database if you want.  That would even eliminate that player from showing up in Stats at all.

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 12:26:16 PM »
I've done something like this, I used lets say R.TIMMER and when I  joined, it went to TIMMER, and just deleted R.TIMMER from data

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2010, 12:35:54 PM »
My personal solution for this would be to add them where the name is "non-league player 1" "non-league player 2" etc, and have them be a part of no league. My stats searches for the tournaments matching the current season and league that I play. This way, the player "non-league player #" never shows up on stats. But I agree with what Corey's saying, either manually adjust the points negatively to zero them out, or create a new player "Magic Fubu League Player" to help differenciate from "Magic Fubu" who was the non league player.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

D71J

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2010, 12:50:30 PM »
Thx for your replies, guys. Corey, I used your first method by adjusting the players points. That seems to work just fine for me.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2010, 01:26:26 PM »
I hear what your saying Magic fubu, but later down the road, you will have some kind of conflict, with non members, to members, in the Refresh Stats

If the non=player is not set to a league, and you have the tournament set for the league and/or season, and filter the tournaments for tournaments with a league and season setting, counting people only in the league, it's not going to create an issue. The guy I alternate with, he doesn't track who took out who, only who got a point for the hit. As such, there's times where the hits are under reported. In my database, I have a player called "UNCLAIMED". This player is not a part of the league (Cliffhangers) where we play. We're presently in our Fall Season, and I have each tournament set with the league (Cliffhangers) as well as season (Fall2010). The stats I filter to count only league and season tournaments that match (Cliffhangers/Fall2010) and only look at the players that are set to be in the league. Doing it this way allows the unclaimed points to be accounted for while not listing "Unclaimed" on my stats report. (See my website: http://cliffhangerspoker.proboards.com  guest/guest for user/pass)
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2010, 01:57:20 PM »
what he is saying he might want to add him later and that will have a issue if doesnt delete him first,.......add your player to the your league and see what happen...with out a delete

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2010, 08:14:44 PM »
If he has it as "Michael B Non League" for Michael B when he's not yet joined the league, and has that player not be a member of a league, then creates player "Michael B League Player" once he has joined and/or makes him be a part of the league, there isn't a dire need to delete the non league player. Yes it could be done, and probably should, but letting TD track leagues and seasons, and allotting players to leagues won't mess up stats. At least it hasn't in my experiences with TD.
---

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2010, 10:23:44 PM »
I hear what your saying,  .....but.... why have the same name twice,  you will at one point click the other name, is my point

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2010, 06:46:16 AM »
Uhhh, not if you label them as "League" and "Non-League" in a way that would make sense. I've used the program wide awake, tired, drunk, and whatnot, and yet I've never clicked the wrong one. It's as simple as paying attention. If that's not a strong suit, then don't do it. But if one takes their time during the registration, then all is good. That's my point.
---

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2010, 07:41:26 AM »
Sounds like your one of the lucky one's.  that can play every game, me not so lucky,even those it is a friendly program other people that run it may not be as detailed as you