Author Topic: AAARRRGH ! ERROR 7-126 TD WON'T RUN !!  (Read 1682 times)

Jedi Master

• View Profile
AAARRRGH ! ERROR 7-126 TD WON'T RUN !!
« on: July 08, 2007, 04:50:10 AM »
I have a tournament tomorrow afternoon.  I just tried to start TD to edit payout schedule...   

I am getting ERROR 7-126  "Unable to load message catalog for language "en-us" (catalog folder not found).  TD WON"T RUN !!!!

I looked into the directory "The Tournament Director 2" . . . the folder IS THERE . . .  ( The Tournament Director 2/lang/en-us ).

Last time TD ran just fine.  WHAT HAPPENED ???  WHAT DID I DO WRONG ??? 

Do I need to move the folder "en-us" somewhere else?

My tournament starts at 1pm PST Sunday July 8th.  I don't have a clock !!  PLEASE HELP QUICKLY !!

THANKS

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: AAARRRGH ! ERROR 7-126 TD WON'T RUN !!
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2007, 11:16:06 AM »
I think what is most interesting to me about this is the "7-126" part.  That is NOT in the code.  If I intentionally break this (by renaming the "lang/en-us" folder, which must exist), I get an expected error that says "Unable to load message catalog for language en-us (catalog folder not found)", followed by an (again expected) error that says "The default language catalogs (en-us) could not be loaded.  Sorry, cannot continue.", at which point the program exits.  There is never any "7-126".

Perhaps something has gotten fudged to the point that the TD isn't able to access your filesystem at all.  I'd try reinstalling Windows Script.  Links for Windows Script are in this topic: http://thetournamentdirector.net/forums/index.php?topic=15.msg54#msg54

Jedi Master

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 08:44:21 PM »
YOOO HOOOO !

I downloaded and installed the script.  THAT DID IT !!  Its fixed and running.  Thanks.

By the way . . .  I WON MY OWN TOURNAMENT !!  $575 1st PLACE !!

Some of the players at the tournament were using other software . . .  they thought the TD was far better than what they are using.  They are going to switch to TD.

Thanks Corey

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 10:29:11 AM »
Glad to hear that's all it was.  And congrats.