Author Topic: 2.6 Update  (Read 2324 times)

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
2.6 Update
« on: February 08, 2011, 03:56:57 PM »
It's been awhile since 2.6 beta 4 was released and I figure I owe everyone an update on the status of 2.6.  You might have gleaned some info from other topics on the forums, but if not here is the current status.

The short version is there will be a beta 5, and I am working really hard to get it done.  I don't have a date yet, but you can be sure I want to release it as soon as is humanly possible.

The long answer is that I've been forced to rework the licensing of the software.  I didn't want to do this, I'd much rather spend time on features that users of the software find useful (and that I find interesting and/or fun to work on), but unfortunately I've been left with little choice.  This is a relatively large undertaking.  It involves a lot of design, coding, and testing, and there is no margin for error.  I've been working on it since the middle of December, and I would say I am about 80 to 85% complete.  I've written a good amount of test code to ensure it works properly, but it would be unwise to release it without going through another beta testing cycle.

I appreciate everyone's support, and your obvious confidence in the product by continuing to test the beta versions of the software.

If anyone has questions, please ask.

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
Re: 2.6 Update
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 05:19:43 PM »
If there was a 'like' button on the forum I would of clicked it by now!

Quite right Corey, I was ashamed before I bought my commercial licence to be abusing a personal licence, so am glad I now have a fully licensed, commercial version of the software, and that you are now expediting a solution so that anyone must have the correct licence.

Regards
Stuart
Stuart Murray

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
Re: 2.6 Update
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 09:59:48 PM »
I agree...I know plenty of folks using a cracked version and was able to convince at least one to purchase the software.