Author Topic: Buying In Players  (Read 2456 times)

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
Buying In Players
« on: December 31, 2010, 05:25:01 PM »
In 2.6, Click Add Players, find name and check mark next to name. It does not add this name to tournament if I do a search and check off any other names afterward. I have to click on OK and add player each time.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Re: Buying In Players
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 05:37:49 PM »
In 2.6, Click Add Players, find name and check mark next to name. It does not add this name to tournament if I do a search and check off any other names afterward. I have to click on OK and add player each time.
This happened to me too the one time I attempted to buy in by searching. Figured it was a fluke on my end by how I did it.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 05:47:15 PM »
yeh, i've noticed that too, but I think it is correct.  The majority of cardroom systems I use only permit the addition of one player at a time, mostly due to receipted entries etc.

Stu
Stuart Murray

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2011, 12:54:00 AM »
I need to register players that call in to reserve their seat. When I arrive at work, I usually have a list of about 30 players to register and was able to search and check all the names then press ok. The receipts are only used when they pay (buy-in).
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 04:36:46 AM by jodybingo »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2011, 09:14:52 PM »
Honestly I'm surprised this was noticed at all... I did in fact change this behavior in 2.6.  I added a feature in beta 4 to auto-perform an action (such as buy-in) when a search returns only a single result.  So for you barcode reader users, if the buy-in dialog is open and and this feature is enabled, when you scan a barcode it will automatically buy that player in (if a match is found) without the need for additional keystrokes.  In working on this, I got to work out the find feature a little more and felt the way it worked was a little unintuitive, and wrong frankly.  The dialog is "smart" in that it remembers which players are checked and which are not, even if the list of players is updated by using the Find button.  So, for example, if you are buying players in and check several, then are having trouble finding a specific player and use the Find feature, it would be annoying after finding and checking that last player to return to the full player list (by pressing Clear) only to find all your checked players unchecked.  So the dialog remembers who is and is not checked to avoid this.  However, previously when you pressed OK, every player that was checked would be bought-in, regardless of whether or not that player was currently visible in the dialog (so if you check 10 players, then press Find and get no results - thus no players currently listed - then press OK, the 10 players are bought-in).  I changed this so that only currently visible checked players are bought-in.  So in the previous example, no players would be bought-in when OK is pressed because no players would be visible.

I think one could make a convincing argument for the previous behavior, but I'm leaning pretty hard towards the new way.  But I'm definitely interested to hear opinions.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2011, 11:22:33 PM »
While I understand the reasoning as to why it is the way it is now, I get like Jody at times, where I have numerous people looking to buy in at the same time, and the way it was made it very easy to get multiple people bought in at once. Seeing the way it is now, I just know now that I don't search for people when I have a line, and just scroll through my list. *shrugs* Ultimately, I don't think it should be a huge issue whether or not it gets reverted. Nice, yes, but necessary? Not in my opinion.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!