Author Topic: Auto Save  (Read 2425 times)

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
Auto Save
« on: March 16, 2011, 02:59:08 AM »
Is it possible to have the red "Auto Save is Not Enabled" flash instead of being simply static? An maybe have an option in the preferences to not have it flash? My club lost one tournament because somebody forgot to auto-save and a friend who runs a tournament also lostone because he forgot to auto-save. If this is not possible could we increase the size of the warning??
Thanks Corey,
Jody

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Auto Save
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 10:35:51 AM »
The size can't change because of space limitations.  I could make it flash, but then what when they forget again?  Add a sound to remind them?  Then make a pop-up dialog every 10 minutes to remind them?

This would not be an issue if Microsoft would do to their scripting engine what Mozilla and Google have done.  They're currently playing catch-up but at least they are working on it, so we could potentially get there soon.

Ultimately what is on the to-do list, to complete as soon as the scripting engine makes it feasible, is a background save mechanism.  Still enabled by preference, but once enabled it would make saves of the tournament to temporary files automatically.  This would allow crash-recovery.

Mahound

• THE ONLY time i get screwed is when i play poker!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 05:48:41 PM »

I have some sounds (which I got from Stumar" where one of the actions is to "have the tournament save" each time a specified event happens. 

Question? Do these automatic saves only happen if the "Auto Save" is enabled

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 10:12:11 AM »
No, because they aren't considered "automatic" saves.  They're event-triggered, which, at least internally, is different.

Mahound

• THE ONLY time i get screwed is when i play poker!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2011, 04:28:33 PM »
No, because they aren't considered "automatic" saves.  They're event-triggered, which, at least internally, is different.
I learn something new every day
cheers Corey