Author Topic: automatic tourny setup/correction of problems.  (Read 1325 times)

PPPanimal

• View Profile
automatic tourny setup/correction of problems.
« on: February 12, 2007, 12:17:24 AM »
Hey, i went to start a tourny the other day and for the first time tried the hotkey to buy-in my players at game start from the main tourny screen.  At the time, it was warning of problems, no players bought-in.

So when i used the hot key, its allowed me to buy in the players, all at one time, then automatically came up with the option to seat them.  I clicked ok and that was it.  no need to go to settings and then players tab, buy in then go to table tab and seat players etc etc.

So i ask, what made it do this?  I tried to repeat this today and it did not work.  It let me buy players in but did not automatically bring up the option to seat them.  I could however start the tourny without seating them.  This i found odd.  I didn't think it would allow that.

Anyway, if this is a feature, (use hotkey to buy-in and auto seat players) how do i make sure it works as it did that time, all the time?
If its not a feature, it should be.  When you start a tourny, it should not just say it has problems, but rather bring up the options needed to correct the problems.

and ya, the fact that it started without the need to seat players was cool really, as i do not use a seating plan for my games.  i allow anyone to sit anywhere.  First come first serve.  So being able to change a setting that made TD ignore the need for seating would be nice too.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 12:22:07 AM by PPPanimal »

PPPanimal

• View Profile
Re: automatic tourny setup/correction of problems.
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 12:31:19 AM »
Hmmm, ok.  I just went and tested this again.  It worked fine.  (after i reset the tourny, to unseat and unbuy players.)
I will save this tourny in this state and hope that each time i load it to start a new tourny it will do the auto buy-in and seating thing when i use the hot key from the main screen.

This is for sure a much faster way to start a game.  Easy too.  Did i mention i am a lazy ass?   lol.
But ya, having this buy-in screen pop-up automatically at game start when no players are bought-in
would be better than having to use the hot key to open it.
New first time users to your program would surely love it and get confused less when tring to start a game.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: automatic tourny setup/correction of problems.
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 09:55:42 AM »
Tables tab -> Settings -> Automatically suggest player movements