Author Topic: Problems With Text Color and Font Size  (Read 1803 times)

Viper

• View Profile
Problems With Text Color and Font Size
« on: November 19, 2010, 04:37:00 PM »
I am having trouble changing the font size and text color within the round change box, when I make a change in color or size and submmit the change all boxes in the two outside column take the change. I want to highlight the round text to a different color as I did in the blinds and not have it affect all the other boxes. What am I doing wrong?

« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 08:51:30 AM by Viper »

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Re: Problems With Text Color and Font Size
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 06:50:54 PM »
On the layout tab, double click on the cell. Then, click on the font box. From there, you should be able to change the color of the font, in the same way that you did with the blinds.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Viper

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 07:20:37 PM »
On the layout tab, double click on the cell. Then, click on the font box. From there, you should be able to change the color of the font, in the same way that you did with the blinds.

This is what I done and when I try to change the font color it changes all font colors in the columns on either side of the center section...

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 08:36:39 PM »
That's odd... Perhaps Corey can chime in as to why it's doing it that way...

If I may, as a side note, what font is that you're using? Looks nicer than the default font that I'm using.
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Viper

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2010, 08:10:11 AM »
That's odd... Perhaps Corey can chime in as to why it's doing it that way...

If I may, as a side note, what font is that you're using? Looks nicer than the default font that I'm using.

The font is Cosmic San MS.... I reload the software and now I am able to select the cell and change the font color in ROUNDS but now when I make a change to yellow font it changes the NEXT BLINDS yellow as well.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 08:50:07 AM by Viper »

Viper

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2010, 09:53:14 AM »
When I went to test a tournament and went to round 2 I am back to all the text within the cells turning yellow when I select just the ROUND cell to highlight the text in yellow, all cells in the two outside columns the text is yellow. Below is the order of images I captured showing what I did. I did the same as in the odd rounds as I did in the even rounds but the outcome is different

« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 11:59:00 AM by Viper »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2010, 01:21:25 PM »
For the Default layout, many of the cells look very similar, and so they use a common Global Property set.  This makes it easy to change the font or font size or text color, etc, in one place and have it take effect in many places.  Your most recent screen shot confirms that when you edit the "Round" cell, it is using the "Even Rounds" global property set.  But a lot of cells, as you have seen, are also using that global property set.  If you change it, the change will affect all cells using it.

Instead, when you edit the Round cell, uncheck "Use global property set".  Then set the font/size/colors you want.

Viper

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2010, 02:04:54 PM »
For the Default layout, many of the cells look very similar, and so they use a common Global Property set.  This makes it easy to change the font or font size or text color, etc, in one place and have it take effect in many places.  Your most recent screen shot confirms that when you edit the "Round" cell, it is using the "Even Rounds" global property set.  But a lot of cells, as you have seen, are also using that global property set.  If you change it, the change will affect all cells using it.

Instead, when you edit the Round cell, uncheck "Use global property set".  Then set the font/size/colors you want.

Corey,

Thank you for your quick reply. Always helps to be able to speak directly to the developer of the software. I was just reading through the very large help files and was just beginning to read what you very easily explained. Thanks...
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 03:25:25 PM by Viper »

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2010, 06:24:09 PM »
Viper, thanks for the reply on the font - going to see how it works with my layout :) Also glad to hear that Corey and the help files were able to get the question finally answered!
---