Author Topic: No file (load/save) dialogs  (Read 43950 times)

Eleanor_Death

• View Profile
Re: No file (load/save) dialogs
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2009, 03:17:40 PM »
I've had this problem on my [old, no, very old] laptop running 98.  I've tried this .REG fix, but am getting the message "Cannot import.  Specified file is not a registry script" *sniff*  Was hoping this would resolve this, especially after it did everyone else :(

Thanks for help :)

Eleanor

P.S. My version of TD works fine on my Vista PC.  Is it just not going to work in Win.98?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 03:19:57 AM by Eleanor_Death »

Eleanor_Death

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2009, 01:13:12 PM »
Please ignore my last post.  I have a genius computer programmer friend who manually change the registry entry from this .REG update, and all is now well (apart from still having a very VERY old and slow laptop)...

Hopefully, I can design a nice looking tournament on my main PC and now load it into the laptop without problems, and take it to the pub!

Many thanks anyway ;)

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2009, 11:24:47 AM »
I'm surprised the TD is working on Win98, to be honest.  What version of the TD are you using?

Eleanor_Death

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2009, 02:59:41 PM »
Thanks for replying anyway Corey, that's really nice :D

I'm running 2.3.6   Can't update further or the REALLY old laptop couldn't handle it.  It runs VERY slow, but I only need the basics.  The clock updates every 5/6 seconds which isn't ideal, but I'm hoping that mu programmer friend can get it up to speed...unlikely I'm guessing!

Didn't really want to buy another laptop, but it's looking that way...

Thanks again though.

Elly x

macacan

• View Profile
    • Chorley Poker League
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2009, 12:52:54 PM »
Corey

I have dowm loaded the latest version, followed the instructions to get my files back.
All is OK but it seems to leave the latest out, I have 2 players missing from my data base
and m2 2 latest games missing, well not missing, they are not in the file TD is looking in.
If I go to the folders in the local directory one they are there, might be something to do with dates, not sure.

I seem to have got a bit confused, which folder should TD be looking in.
The I can copy and paste the missing folders in to the right folder.

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2009, 03:44:09 PM »
Depends.  Where the TD *was* looking, or where it is *now* looking?  And where the TD *was* looking also depends.  Which is another reason why moving this to a known, "approved" location makes sense.

The player database is stored in multiple files, but the index is in only 1 file.  So, if you've got the index file (td.db), then it should show all of the players in your database.  If you don't, then it shouldn't show any players in your database.  I can't see how it would get all players except for 2.

As for tournament files, if you know where the "missing 2" files are, copy them to the folder "My Documents\The Tournament Director 2\Data\saves".

For the missing players, you can load a tournament with those players and press the "Add All to DB" button on the Players tab.  This will add them back to your database with the proper internal ID.  If you had additional information on these players (like address, phone, email, etc), you'll probably have re-enter that info.

Are you attempting to run Stats and not seeing what you expect?  If so, you'll probably have to change the "Tournament File Locations" on the Preferences tab.  This needs a better solution, because it defaults to the "saves" folder in the install location, which is incorrect.  I'm thinking I'm going to do some updates to Filters to allow them to include file paths, instead of having a simple preference on the Preferences tab, so I'll fix this up with that addition.

macacan

• View Profile
    • Chorley Poker League
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2009, 03:50:12 PM »
Cheers Corey.

The 2 players that are missing for what ever reason are greyed out in the tourney they played in (the latest tourny that was missing).
A bit confusing but all sorted now.

Are you any nearer getting the updates to do everything for us, I mean in the file ways.

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

scottaronbloom

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2011, 04:00:17 PM »
Well. it appears to be back..

Running Win 7 Ultimate x64
TD 2.5.11

I get the issue with comdlg32.cab and the load/save isnt working ;(

Edit: Digging deeper, it looks like the comdlg32.ocx that is packaged does not want to work on a 64 bit machine

Edit 2:Fiound solution..

Conditions:  Running 64 bit Windows 7, my problem will not exist on windows 7 32 bit.
ComClt32.ocx does not come normally installed on win7 64.
Package for TD 2.5.11 does not propery install it for 64 bin OSes

Download from here: http://windowsxp.mvps.org/comdlg32.htm
With elevated permissions extract comdlg32.ocx to c:\windows\SysWow64
again with elevated permissions run regsvr32 c:\windows\SysWOW64\Comdlg32.ocx

You should be good to go
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 06:57:59 PM by scottaronbloom »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2011, 11:21:33 PM »
That's weird.  I've been using the TD on Win 7 64-bit for at least 6 months now, no problems at all.  You didn't happen to *start* with an earlier version of the TD, did you?  There was at least one version of the TD where the software did not request to run with elevated privileges, which could instigate this issue.  I can't think of any other reason off the top of my head as to why this would be a problem.

yuptalon

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2011, 01:21:59 PM »
v2.5.11 is running smoothly on my vista laptop, but after installing it onto my 64 bit windows 7 desktop, im getting a rather frequent warning notification, that looks like this...

it appears as soon as i start the program, when i switch tabs, anything.  Additionally, its not letting me load anything, including the backup file from my laptop.  I've tried the few tips listed in this thread with no luck.  Any suggestions?  Would v2.5.12 fix this?  (if so, where can i get it?)  Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2011, 03:56:47 PM »
Yes, 2.5.12 fixes this.  Rather, works around it, since Microsoft broke it because their own web browser doesn't understand their own digital signature.  You can download 2.5.12 from the download page (look for the link near the bottom of the page): http://www.thetournamentdirector.net/download.html

yuptalon

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2011, 10:35:00 PM »
Works like a charm, THANKS!