Author Topic: Penalty Box  (Read 3012 times)

UPT

• View Profile
    • University Poker Tour
Penalty Box
« on: August 23, 2006, 12:26:42 PM »
From the TDA Rules:

" Penalties available for use by the TD are verbal warnings, 10, 20, 30, and 40 minutes away from the table and may be used with discretion. These may be utilized up to and including disqualification. A player who is disqualified shall have his chips removed from play."

Any chance of adding a "Penalty Box" to the tourney?

* UPT goes to try the latest Beta

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Penalty Box
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 12:55:19 PM »
What would having a penalty box do?  A player who gets a penalty is still in the tournament... they post blinds and antes, cards are dealt to them and are immediately folded.

UPT

• View Profile
    • University Poker Tour
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 04:03:27 PM »
I was thinking of a sort of timer... I would press "p" and it would briing up a list similar to the bust out list and then allow me to set the penalty. It would then countdown the penalty and inform the TD when the time is up.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2006, 05:17:51 PM »
Hand timer?

UPT

• View Profile
    • University Poker Tour
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2006, 05:30:45 PM »
A tourney in my mind is a sporting event... and these are the "fouls". I thought an in program way to track the infractions would be handy and remove a lot of jotting down and timer watching. 

The hand timer is way to obtrusive for these purposes.

I was thinking as I said of a pop-up dialog... and then maybe an "F5" screen for a penalty countdown page in conjunction with a pop-up box on penalty expiration.

:)