Author Topic: Show message "In the money" - conditions...  (Read 1272 times)

a15995

• View Profile
Show message "In the money" - conditions...
« on: October 31, 2015, 05:10:16 PM »
Hello!

I'm trying to bring up a message, when the tournament is "in the Money".

Trigger: A player busts out
Condition: playersLeft = inTheMoneyRank

This doesn't seem to work - the message never shows.

Any ideas or other ways to handle this?

Furthermore - how do I use the Performed actions checkmarks? Can I check to see if an action has been performed and how do I do that?

Thanks,
Søren

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Show message "In the money" - conditions...
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2015, 10:26:45 AM »
That should work.  In fact, I just configured it exactly as you have and it worked fine.  I have 4 prizes, and 5 players left.  When I bust the next player out, the message is displayed.  Two things to look for: make sure you're actually at the "in the money" point in the tournament (only ranked prizes are used to determine this); and make sure you don't have another event triggered on bust-out that is being selected instead of this one.

The "Performed" checkbox is how the TD keeps track of which actions have been "performed" and which haven't.  They are checked (and unchecked) automatically as the actions are performed.  This way, the application can make sure it performs each one, whether sequentially or randomly depending on your action settings, before repeating any of them.  This would normally be an "internal" data point, but it is exposed to allow you to reset the actions (by unchecking all of the "Performed" checkboxes") or to simply reset one that you want to hear/see again, for example.

a15995

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2015, 09:16:43 AM »
Hi Corey, thanks for your response.

I have two other messages showing up, when I bust out players just before in the money:

• Message that a table has collapsed (this is not a bust-out event but happens at the same time because final table has 6 players and all get prizes)
  • Message that player X busted out

Those two messages show up in order but the third ("in the Money message") does not.

I tried looking at the Action Settings, and they are exactly the same for all three messages:

• Sounds: Play one of the sounds at random, but do not...
  • When this sound plays: Allow any other sounds...
  • Messages: Display one of the messages at random, but do not...
  • When this message is displayed: Place it in the message queue...

I'm a Little confused as to how to set the above, when I want to display all three messages in order (messages and sound) - not leaving any of them out...

I have prizes for top 6 players and checked that scenario again - but have as mentioned two (one) other bust-out triggers.

Can I only have one bust-out trigger or how do I ensure messages are queued?

I can of course put all conditions in two bust-out events (i.e. with conditions ...AND (playersLeft > inTheMoneyRank) VS ...AND (playersLeft = inTheMoneyRank) so that each exclude the other if that is how this is solved best.

Thanks,
Søren

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2015, 09:11:31 PM »
When an event is fired, all of the attached actions will be performed with the exception of sounds and messages.  Only one sound will be played, even if there is more than one action that plays a sound.  Which sound is played is determined by the Action Settings.  Same is true for messages.