Author Topic: windows media player displayed  (Read 3087 times)

Kerry George DeVore

• View Profile
windows media player displayed
« on: August 06, 2012, 03:23:34 PM »
When i added an event and am using a sound windows media player window opens and the sound is displayed. How can I stop the display from opening but still have the sound played. TD3 plays the warning, final etc without the p[layer being displayed

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: windows media player displayed
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 05:29:21 PM »
Can you be a little more specific?  Are you saying that Windows Media Player starts up (a separate application from the TD) when an Event that plays a sound fires?

Kerry George DeVore

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 01:30:01 PM »
Yes. A small window pops up when I play a sound that was fired by an event occuring

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 04:10:24 PM »
But you're saying that when the software plays those sounds as part of the tournament, it does NOT open Windows Media Player?  So ... if so, does that mean it only pops it up when you play a sound from the Events tab?

Kerry George DeVore

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 08:32:23 PM »
I have an event that when a specific player bustsout that a taps wav file is executed (played). Windows media player opens up and is displayed on the game window, taps.wav file is played and the window stays open until I close it. Could it be that I am running the file rather than executing it?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2012, 07:22:39 AM »
If your Event has an Action to play the sound, the Action should "Play sound" and not "Run program".  If you have "Run program" selected, and have the path to the WAV file as the "Run program" path, then that would definitely explain this.  The TD is going to attempt to "Run" the WAV file, which basically means to tell Windows to open whatever program is registered to play WAV files ... which would most likely be Windows Media Player.

You need to select "Play sound" and select the sound you want to play.  If your WAV file isn't in the sound list, you need to add it to the Sound Library on the Events tab.

Kerry George DeVore

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2012, 10:46:57 AM »
Thats exactly what it was. I was executing a wav file that wasn't in the sound list. thank you again