Author Topic: Best Way to run on two computers  (Read 1826 times)

Cleave

• View Profile
Best Way to run on two computers
« on: August 10, 2006, 09:07:40 AM »
Hello guys,

I've run an older free version of TD for a while and have just purchased a license and plan to build my own custom screens like I see many of you have.

My question is.....  I've been running TD on my office computer and the home computer.  I run it at work because I will receive email rsvp's to my home game and go ahead and set up the tournament, players, chips, blinds, etc... then email the saved tdt file to the house, load it up and I'm ready to go.

Is there a better way to do this?  Would the backup function allow me to make the two programs look identical?  Also, will the license allow it to be on two computers?

Thanks,
Cleave

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Best Way to run on two computers
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2006, 10:33:29 AM »
As for running two copies, see this question in the FAQ: http://www.thetournamentdirector.net/faq.html#faq1

I'd say the backup function is probably your best bet at keeping the two copies in sync.  Version 2.2, currently in beta testing, will also allow the backup to include your preferences, so your two copies can behave identically.

Cleave

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2006, 11:10:21 AM »
Thanks Corey.  Looks pretty easy.

BTW, great job on the latest version. 

Absinthe_gal

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2006, 02:32:59 PM »
The other option is to install the softwear onto a USB pen drive. 
Then you don't have to worry about emailing .trt files etc back and forth.
I do this so I can work on the tourney setup at work or my home study PC and then run the tourneys on my laptop.