Author Topic: H.O.R.S.E. Layout question from a newbie  (Read 1920 times)

abby99

• View Profile
H.O.R.S.E. Layout question from a newbie
« on: November 27, 2007, 12:40:15 AM »
I recently ran a H.O.R.S.E. tournament using the trial version of TD (just purchased the license key).  I managed to get all the betting info on the main screen but ended up using some convoluted descriptions.  The limits (e.g., 40/80) and the name of the game are in big red text, using limit1 and limit2.  Below that are the ante (for stud games only), the "Small Blind / Bring-In," and the "Big Blind / Completion."  This text is a little unwieldy, as you can see on my modified version of TenPercenter's excellent chiptalk.net layout:

I'd like to avoid referring to bring-in and completion bets on the screen for flop games, and to the big and small blinds for stud games.  It would be nice if I could assign a different property set to the flop rounds and the stud rounds, but that doesn't seem to be possible unless I change the tournament to something like HSOE.  Does anybody know a good work-around?

BTW, everybody appreciated having the game and the limits in large red type.  Not only does it look sharp against Ten's background, but the identity of current game is highly visible to all.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: H.O.R.S.E. Layout question from a newbie
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2007, 10:12:47 AM »
You can create a separate property group for the cell(s) that display the blinds.  For the default property group, name them appropriately (Big Blind/Small Blind).  On the new property group, name them like you have them in the screenshot.  On the Conditions of the new property group, set the Game Type to "limit".  That way it will only be displayed when the game type is set to limit.

Or am I missing something about your tournament type?

abby99

• View Profile
Re: H.O.R.S.E. Layout question from a newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2007, 10:49:31 AM »
Thanks, Corey.  Unfortunately, all the games in HORSE are limit, but your suggestion made me think of other possibilities and how fields can be redefined.  I'll report back if any of them work out.