Author Topic: New bounty chip features  (Read 2054 times)

PPPanimal

• View Profile
New bounty chip features
« on: February 16, 2007, 01:47:39 PM »
OK, i am new to TD, and i am sure SOME of this can be handled manually, but thought i would share some ideas i had regaurding possible new bounty chip features in TD.

option to rake bounty (x amount from each chip sold) to create a prize pool used to put a price on the tournament winners head for next game.

i.e.  buy chips sold for $5+$1=$6, pay out $5 per chip won, keep $1 per chip to create prize pool.

option to not pay tounry winner for his bounty kept.  Keep  this amount for prize pool put on his head next game.

option to allow this prize to be won only by a bounty chip holder.  if a non-bounty player knocks him out then this pool would carry over and be placed on the nexted winners head.

check box to select if bounty wanted at buy-in.  this will allow them to be given away or purchased for free.  Also would allow just clicking box to allow purchase, rather than typing in the price each time.

option to have buy-in screen reopen automatically after you buy one player in.  Like the adding new player to data base screen.  Its hard trying to get all guys that want bounties to buy in first, then handle the non-bounty guys.  It would be easy to have the buy-in screen reopen and buy each person in one at a time or in groups while just clicking his name and the bounty box if he wants one, next person, just click the name, he didn't buy a bounty.  Heck, i guess a all in one way to buy in would be to have a table, all names in first column, buy-in cost in second, bounty check box in third, bounty cost in 4th and so on.  Then just click a master buy in button to save it all when done. 

But it would also be nice to be able to reopen and edit this data without having to undo buy and rebuy if a player later desides to get a bounty.

option to allow setting prize paid for each bounty held, would allow house to add to prizes for bounty and would also allow the collection of the prize pool in the above idea. 

i.e.  buy for 5, get paid 10 for winning one.  or buy for 6, get paid 5 for winning one.  1 dollar is saved for the bounty pool.
Or in the free idea, (or bounty chip given as prize) you could select check box to give them a chip, but have cost set to 0, then still have the prize for winning one set to 5.

so maybe the best way to implement this would be to have one check box added to buy-in screen that says he purchased a chip, then two boxes to allow input of cost for the chip, and the pay-out for each chip won.  This might also allow you set set diff cost to buy and diff pay-out amounts for each player.  two tier bounty system?

Then you would need a over/under token to show the prize pool collected or the house contribution needed.

PTL

• View Profile
    • Poker League
Re: New bounty chip features
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 08:12:25 AM »
option to rake bounty (x amount from each chip sold) to create a prize pool used to put a price on the tournament winners head for next game.

i.e.  buy chips sold for $5+$1=$6, pay out $5 per chip won, keep $1 per chip to create prize pool.

As you suspected you enter this information manually.  You Say you had 10 players all doing a bounty.  You charged $6 ($1 of which was a rake)  Say you also wanted the 1st Place persons entire bounty to get raked.

You would enter a total of $15 in the Manual Rake area on the Tournament Setup Screen
The Best User Driven Poker Site, where you can find Poker Games in your area and get the latest Poker Strategy.