Main > Help Me

TD slowing/hanging and/or crashing

<< < (4/8) > >>

Corey Cooper:
Thanks for the info, RichieD!

Jaxen:
Ran my first tourney in a long while tonight and had this issue, was able to fix it later with the patches.

Corey, you may want to "sticky" this thread so it appears at the top of the support section.

theHammer:
I'm still driving Win XP. Newest laptop is a MacBook. Sooooo... the patches do not want to cooperate and play nicely with XP apparently.  Any possibility of installing the previous version and simply continue to drive what - for me - is a SUPERB version of TD?

Corey Cooper:
That didn't even occur to me, but now that you mention it ... yeah, I believe Microsoft finally officially ended support for XP so there aren't any XP versions of those patches.  But if that's the case, it's interesting that you would even run into this issue, since it was originally caused by a patch, which wouldn't have been available for XP.  Right?

Looking at the knowledge base page for the update that caused the issue (http://support2.microsoft.com/kb/2962872), I see that it affects Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2, and Windows Vista, 7, 8, and 8.1.  No mention of an update for Windows XP.  I wonder why you would even experience this on XP?

rueuta:
I am still having some issues with TD being very slow. 

We have the database paging option open to allow multiple pages.  I uninstalled the KB update back before the two new updated KB updates referenced on the updated page.  We are running windows 7 and we are running TD in compatibility mode.  Yesterday, it had been set to run in compatibility mode for XP service pack 2 (not sure when that was done) so I took it out of compatibility mode and it did not improve response times so I put it back to compatibility mode for XP service pack 3 this time and saw real improvement.  However, today it is running slow again and is still in compatibility mode for XP service pack 3 and I am at my end on this. 

CPU is only using around 20% and physical memory is between 50-60%. 

Taking the seconds off of the currenttime token, did not help speed it up either.  Also it seems to have "lost" the settings for when a second display is open and is opening the dialog screen on the second monitor, which can be fixed through the preferences. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version